Law at UNE (1 Viewer)

poiuylkj

HSC
hello, i got a early mid year entry offer for law/science

just would like your views on the law degree being taught at UNE.

i have just done 2 and a half years of bachelor of science at la trobe university

are all the students mixed in law. like on paper at UNE i will be a first year student but technically im a 3rd year student overall.

namdog

HSC
I'm a third year business/law student at UNE.

I'm very happy with the degree so far. The stuff we are taught is the exact same as the other universities, because after all there isn't much room to move when you're teaching legislation or areas such as contracts.

The lecturers are all very nice and quite happy to sit with you and talk through your work and where to improve etc. I've also been able to have some social drinks with them on occasion.

I'm not really sure what you mean by 'are all the students mixed'. Just because you've been at university for 2.5 years doesn't mean UNE will create a separate class for you, of course you're going to be mixed in with the first year students because you all have to do the same units regardless of how many years prior you have been studying.

poiuylkj

HSC
I'm a third year business/law student at UNE.

I'm very happy with the degree so far. The stuff we are taught is the exact same as the other universities, because after all there isn't much room to move when you're teaching legislation or areas such as contracts.

The lecturers are all very nice and quite happy to sit with you and talk through your work and where to improve etc. I've also been able to have some social drinks with them on occasion.

I'm not really sure what you mean by 'are all the students mixed'. Just because you've been at university for 2.5 years doesn't mean UNE will create a separate class for you, of course you're going to be mixed in with the first year students because you all have to do the same units regardless of how many years prior you have been studying.
what i meant was for example when i come up in semester 2, will the majority of law students be in first year. like at la trobe the majority of law studies at any given year are mostly post grads and transfer students so you dont feel like the oldest student if you start from first year

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)