Une 2011! (1 Viewer)

WoodsyWoods

HSC
I'm going, a lot of other people are going they just don't post here.

WoodsyWoods

HSC
bachelor of teaching and arts majoring in English/history.Minor in society and culture.

suling

HSC
Awesome..I have a friend doing arts/teaching, majoring in English/Ancient History.

Which history units are you doing? We might have some the same. =)

ArtemisOrthia

HSC
Not 2011, but highly possibly in 2012! I was previously interested in Macquarie or University of Sydney, but UNE's History units just seem far too interesting! I'd be looking at a similar degree as WoodsyWoods! Suling your degree also looks very interesting, do tell us how it goes!

:) It would be awesome if you guys could give us some reviews on some units once uni starts!! I'd like to know how the teaching / structure of units / environment / organisation of course really is.

Enjoy you enjoy your degrees guys, hope you guys have an awesome time at uni!

suling

HSC
Not 2011, but highly possibly in 2012! I was previously interested in Macquarie or University of Sydney, but UNE's History units just seem far too interesting! I'd be looking at a similar degree as WoodsyWoods! Suling your degree also looks very interesting, do tell us how it goes!

:) It would be awesome if you guys could give us some reviews on some units once uni starts!! I'd like to know how the teaching / structure of units / environment / organisation of course really is.

Enjoy you enjoy your degrees guys, hope you guys have an awesome time at uni!

I will definitely let you know how it goes - I am so excited to start my degree. =) Apparently the history faculty is really awesome at UNE.

Semester 1 I'm doing Introduction to Greek History, What is History? (basically like history extension for HSC), Medieval Europe and Introduction to Classical Languages -Latin. =)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I went to UNE for some HSC lectures and they were horrendously shit, the place was cold for no reason and then hot all of a sudden. I hated the place based on the infrequent and unstable temperature, plus the fact that the campus was massive and so spread out for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

+ The lecturers I had were self-absorbed and the postgrads I met were snobs, and screwed up my chemistry prac.

jet

Banned
HSC
I went to UNE for some HSC lectures and they were horrendously shit, the place was cold for no reason and then hot all of a sudden. I hated the place based on the infrequent and unstable temperature, plus the fact that the campus was massive and so spread out for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

+ The lecturers I had were self-absorbed and the postgrads I met were snobs, and screwed up my chemistry prac.
That's the same with every uni.

izzy88

HSC

I don't go to UNE but i've been hanging out in armidale these uni holidays. I find the uni nice- and i don't think there's anything wrong with having open space if you can! (I went to a school in the middle of sydney with one patch of grass smaller than an oval so i like the idea of having space :p). As for the lecturers, I've met some in the history faculty and they seem fine- they are are well known in their field and are enthusiastic about what they do.

ArtemisOrthia

HSC
I will definitely let you know how it goes - I am so excited to start my degree. =) Apparently the history faculty is really awesome at UNE.

Semester 1 I'm doing Introduction to Greek History, What is History? (basically like history extension for HSC), Medieval Europe and Introduction to Classical Languages -Latin. =)
Wow. See my dilemma? They sound like such awesome units! u_u Why must deciding on a university be so damn difficult, curse the great variety of choices.
Please do let me know! Do enjoy your units, from the website they are very attractive units!

I have a neighbour that's in her 3rd year Bachelor arts/ Bachelor of teaching, and she loves it. She was telling me about an Australian History unit, and she absolutely loves the content, the lecturer, the campus and everything. :D

HAVE FUN! n_n

suling

HSC

Agreed...HSC lectures were shit. Especially the one on Hamlet..had basically nothing to do with the syllabus.

Armidale is known for having 4 seasons in one day -you learn to layer =P

WoodsyWoods

HSC
Wow it got busy here all of a sudden.Good things come to those who wait suling? I might see you in Medieval Europe depending on our timetables.I'm jealous you get to do Latin, I'd love to learn it but I don't think I'd ever use it.
ArtemisOrthia - I'll keep you posted on anything especially good/bad.

I live in Tamworth (which is about an hour away) and have been to the campus lots of times and I like it.
Ha, I guess it's each to their own with the weather, I see you live on the Gold coast, that's the type of climate I personally can't stand.
Agreed with JetBlack2007 on the lecturers!Haha I went to Sydney to hear some lectures on modern history, I don't think they helped at all.The lecturers I've talked to at UNE so far seem nice but than again they want people to do their courses so that's their job.
As for the space.I love space and I'll be staying at Mary white so I'm close to all the facilities :) Even if I wasn't it's not too bad, it's basically colleges down the hill and almost everything else up the hill, I suppose it's better if you know your way around.

Wow. See my dilemma? They sound like such awesome units! u_u Why must deciding on a university be so damn difficult, curse the great variety of choices.
Please do let me know! Do enjoy your units, from the website they are very attractive units!

I have a neighbour that's in her 3rd year Bachelor arts/ Bachelor of teaching, and she loves it. She was telling me about an Australian History unit, and she absolutely loves the content, the lecturer, the campus and everything. :D

HAVE FUN! n_n
Yeah, I've had a bit of trobule picking between history units but it's not too bad in the first year of my course.I think I'll have more trobule in my other years when I have to pick between loads of different times/places.

suling

HSC
Definite meet up during orientation week! =P

Haha..well, honestly I don't even know what I am going to do with Latin. Maybe it will come in handy some day?

Andi0390

HSC
I'm already here!

I like it, i've been to two other unis (with this degree) and UNE is my favourite. Armidale is a bit of an aquired taste, and not all aquire it, but its a very easy place to live. You get used to the weather but if you don't like the cold your stay in Armidale may be a little bitter.

You get bad lecturers everywhere, but imo UNE lecturers are more open and friendly than others. Remember lecturers are often primarily researchers who teach what they know, not high school teachers who got into it for the kids. Different relationships and different social standards.
Some history units look interesting, but from looking over friends work the cores are primarily about the concept of understanding and interpreting rather than actual events.

Good luck everyone!

suling

HSC
I'm already here!

I like it, i've been to two other unis (with this degree) and UNE is my favourite. Armidale is a bit of an aquired taste, and not all aquire it, but its a very easy place to live. You get used to the weather but if you don't like the cold your stay in Armidale may be a little bitter.

You get bad lecturers everywhere, but imo UNE lecturers are more open and friendly than others. Remember lecturers are often primarily researchers who teach what they know, not high school teachers who got into it for the kids. Different relationships and different social standards.
Some history units look interesting, but from looking over friends work the cores are primarily about the concept of understanding and interpreting rather than actual events.

Good luck everyone!
Awesome. : )

What degree are you doing?

suling

HSC
B. Historical Inquiry and Practice, then a dip. education, the masters at ANU (hopefully) =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)