Thread: Elective unit selection

HSC
    Uni Grad

Elective unit selection

I'm trying to pick my elective units and I was wondering if any current UNE students could give me any advice, on units they would recommend?
    So far I want to do history111 and was either going to do French 101 or German101 but because of timetabling clashes can't.
    I'm also a coms student.
    Thanks

HSC

Re: Elective unit selection

Quote Originally Posted by Mortelle View Post
    I'm trying to pick my elective units and I was wondering if any current UNE students could give me any advice, on units they would recommend?
    So far I want to do history111 and was either going to do French 101 or German101 but because of timetabling clashes can't.
    I'm also a coms student.
    Thanks

I did HIST111 last year and it was fantastic -however, this was mainly due to the awesome lecturer, who unfortunately left at the end of last year. I am not sure who the replacement is yet, but hopefully the unit will be just as good this year.

If you want a really interesting and fun elective then I suggest Latin. It's definitely not just for history students - the two other internal students last year were studying chemistry and economics. The lecturer is fantastic, every class was fun and latin is actually surprisingly useful (improves your English etc.).
    2010 ATAR: 99.60

Ancient History - History Extension - Biology - English Advanced - Mathematics - Food Technology

All-rounder + state ranks -Ancient (6) Bio (15) Food Tech (3)

Bachelor of Historical Inquiry and Practice @ UNE

Thread Information