Accommodation (1 Viewer)

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Maybe. If I went, I'd be at B&G or Ferner Hall.. Only b'coz they're cheaper though ;)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
If I end up going in there Im staying at Bruce (if they accept me).....but Im leaving application until after I get my UAI

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
They fill up really fast, apparently, and ANU reccomends you apply for accomidation when you put your UAC form in.

I'm planning on finding a share house thingie, rather than on campus, so I'm leaving it till after I get my UAI as well, and figure out just how much money I'll have..

s2ophie

HSC
i couldn't believe applications didn't open until September 23rd! I was fretting i wouldn't get in in time!

2003HSC

im going to either ANU or canberra uni.
are you sure you have to apply now? You have to pay to apply and i dont even know which uni im going to yet.
And I'd go for the cheapest room too:)

s2ophie

HSC
I think she is referring to Bruce Hall, not the suburb Bruce (am i right? is there a suburb Bruce!) Is Bruce Hall not actually on the ANU campus?

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yes I meant Bruce Hall. Its on campus. I know where the university is, its at Belconnen (I was there last week). The accomodation applications aren't reviewed until January so it does not matter when you apply.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
To be considered for accommodation you must complete an application form where you will be assessed against suitability for the community within the Hall and affiliated College you nominate, it is not "first in best dressed". Currently demand for on-campus accommodation exceeds supply.
Note the underlined piece of text. This is straight from the website.

Pop Princess

I might be going to ANU and I went down there last month to check it out. The dorms are pretty yuck but I'm gonna stay there coz dorm life's pretty cool. The dorms have diff. reps. My 1st preference is Ursu. college coz they have single sex bathrooms and all the fully catered ones don't. The Johns college.

It depends what u want to choose. They're all pretty small though.

I've put my application in coz they say put it in straight.

squallja

so which colleges are actually on ANU campus? cuz they never tell ya... n i know dat fenner is off campus

wat bout the others??

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
I am a Year 12 school leaver or am not currently an ANU enrolled student but thinking of coming to the ANU next year. Should I apply now for accommodation or wait until I receive an offer?

DO NOT wait until you receive a confirmed place of admission to the ANU. If you are thinking of attending ANU you should apply! When you complete your application for admission to the ANU, you should apply for accommodation simultaneously
This is also on ANU's accomodation site, under FAQ's

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yes, but they mean don't wait till university offers come out. The closing day is 9th of January, offers come out on the 19th, the same day they make offers for accomodation. This is what they mean.

s2ophie

HSC
so where do you actually live googy? on campus, flat etc

chip

HSC
i'm going to adfa so my accomadation is sweet as

but if i were going to ANU Bruce looks the best i reckon

googy_1985

HSC
N/A
S2ophie, I live with 2 other uni kids in a housein Florey, which is about a 5 minute drive to UC..

Its me, an international student from Shanghai and another aussie uni kid.

We live just in a normal house - i think it may be easier living on campus - dont have to worry about all the hassels that go with renting,

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
i've stayed at the John ??? college... (there's some roman number there i could never read) - it's typical college dorm material but pretty clean.. minimal insects.. (unlike kensington @unsw =P)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)