FUTURE STUDENTS of 08 (1 Viewer)

unco_wannabe

HSC
hey guys im setting up this post for those who this year, 2008
are gonna go to ANU and those who are pretty sure there gonna get in and for those who are on the borderline becuase there waiting for the UniTest.

so i just wanted to start this forum so we get a good group of strangers, for the moment, who will become cool friends later on at ANU.

cheers and enjoy.

just post 'im in' or 'im gonna go' or soemthing like that. what course ur plannin on doin
it would be great if those from like thier main metro area could say there from (leave out suburbs if u wanna..for whatever reason) so like those in sydney or act or from somewhere else. just to make people who are takin the big step feel easier and minmise the 'homesickness' stuff

by the way ...i am a borderline 'maybe' person prayin for the Unitest. hoping for
B Laws/ Arts ...im 3 uai points off :( from syd :)

cheers all !

Last edited:

Heart.O.Gold

HSC
hey,

i'm definately going down to ANU, doing BA IT/ECON...i hope some other people post that they are doing either IT or ECON.

Wo0ot go ANU for the people who didn't quite get as high UAI as they were expecting ! ! !

Evilo

HSC
Might be worth posting where you a hoping to live too. At least then you might bump into each other in the hallway?

unco_wannabe

HSC
lol thnx elvio...u know i didnt think anybody would be awake at this time :)

im hopefully plannin on B&G

how about u?

Heart.O.Gold

HSC
Evilo said:
Might be worth posting where you a hoping to live too. At least then you might bump into each other in the hallway?
evilo, do you ever sleep?

at the moment im applied to URSULA, but im changing to B&G

I am here!

HSC
N/A
I'll be there.

I'm from WA and will hopefully be living at Burgmann. Course: PhB (the airy-fairy sort).

unco_wannabe

HSC
exospacial said:
I'm accepted.

B. Economics (only, no combined)
Bruce Hall
I'm an International student though (Hong Kong), gonna be a loner in Australia.

hey exo dont worry i got a mate whose hopefully coming down whose gonna do economics he's half korean . ill hopefully see u around

hmm it seems alot of people are goin to the catered ones hmmm

bikapika

HSC
im in

i will be doing combined bachelor of economics and legum baccalaureate probably focusing on business economics with electives in marketing and psychology * lol there are 3 phys courses to choose from in year 1. i will be doing some arts subjects in philosophy and some cultural base subjects like italian, germen or which ever faculty i can see a lot of hot girls

i live in seven hills in sydney but i went to school in strathfield (in order words i tend to hang around in para as well as burwood and the city)

im currently applying for ursula hall but im trying to change to burgmann. i dont really care about where i will end up going its just burgmann seems to have a bigger library and more people. i like people.

guys good luck

Last edited:

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
exospacial said:
I'm accepted.

Bruce Hall
lol

i think caucasians are the minorities in business units.

humphdogg

HSC
Uni Grad
exospacial said:
I'm accepted.

Bruce Hall
out of the 80+ first year students at Bruce next year, probably almost half will be international students ;)
usually from malaysia and south korea, though there are also a few from hong kong too.

Eriny

Awesome Member
HSC
I find out next week if I'm a PhB (Arts) student. My ENTER was below 99 (I got 98.4) so I'm scared.

I also have Laws/Arts on my preferences which I should be able to get an offer for, but I was offered a $6000 p.a. scholarship to Melbourne Uni, so unless I got a rather attractive offer (like a scholarship - I've applied for 3 different ones that I could possibly get) I probably won't go... I've done the sums and moving is pretty damn expensive!

Originally I was planning to stay at UniLodge, but thanks numerous talks with my parents about existing cost issues and (a little bit) Evilo's PM, I've applied for Burgmann because they offer academic scholarships and bursaries to new students.

unco_wannabe

HSC
Eriny wow nice congrats on ur score.

dont worry theres always laws/arts :)

tried unitest?

Eriny

Awesome Member
HSC

UniTest doesn't cover the PhB unfortunately. But maybe I'll see you at ANU anyway?

bikapika

HSC
Eriny said:
I find out next week if I'm a PhB (Arts) student. My ENTER was below 99 (I got 98.4) so I'm scared.

I also have Laws/Arts on my preferences which I should be able to get an offer for, but I was offered a $6000 p.a. scholarship to Melbourne Uni, so unless I got a rather attractive offer (like a scholarship - I've applied for 3 different ones that I could possibly get) I probably won't go... I've done the sums and moving is pretty damn expensive!

Originally I was planning to stay at UniLodge, but thanks numerous talks with my parents about existing cost issues and (a little bit) Evilo's PM, I've applied for Burgmann because they offer academic scholarships and bursaries to new students.
if im you i wouldnt consider the scholarship as a factor : ) live (and study) is about fun! i reckon that you should go to anu if you like it! you can always arrange student loans (say from nab which offers 5years differ for repayments) if you have financial constrains but dont let money to influence the next 5, probably the most enjoyable 5 years of your life : )

hope to see you next month : )

I am here!

HSC
N/A
Eriny said:

Hm, living in Melbourne is probably about $6k p.a. more expensive than Canberra!

(then again, the S/S will look very nice on the CV)

I am here!

HSC
N/A
Actually, on the "find out next week if I'm a PhB (Arts) student" bit - is that straight from the horse's mouth?

It's just that I'm waiting for the same thing! /anxious

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)