some trivial questions (1 Viewer)

blacksunset

HSC
this is a place where if anyone whos got a question that may sound really stupid and doesnt fit in with any others can ask it... so iv got some!

when do we get our uni email? is it on the day of enrollment?

approx how long after we select our subjects do we find out our finalised timetables?

do we find out our address (like room address) on the day we move in or before?

thanks guys - if i tink of more ill post them !
x

I am here!

HSC
N/A
Naturally, I don't know shit, but:

i) Yeah, I think we get our email addresses after the college boffins have signed our forms - we all troop to the library, log onto that ISIS thing and 'sha-zam'!

ii) The timetables are already set - check out the ANU website (under 'current students') - so, if you know what classes you're likely to be doing, you can start planning your schedule now.

iii) Hm I had a 'room number' on my contract for Burgmann, but I'm not sure if that correlates with anything in reality - I imagine they'll be people there to help you out on the 16th (or whenever you're moving in).

I am here!

HSC
N/A
Anyway, my turn -

1) We pick subjects for Semesters 1 & 2 on Enrolment day, right?

blacksunset

HSC
lol ill respond to yours now:)
i asked admissions and all that and they said that on the day that our last name corresponds too (mines the 19th for example) we go in and we can choose our subjects, and if we're interstate and didnt get a chance to talk to anyone we can also sit down and ask about what subjects we should pick and get advice etc

blacksunset

HSC
I am here! said:
ii) The timetables are already set - check out the ANU website (under 'current students') - so, if you know what classes you're likely to be doing, you can start planning your schedule now.
i had a look, and i gotta put in the codes of the classes i wanna do? i have absolutely no idea what the codes are....

I am here!

HSC
N/A
blacksunset said:
i asked admissions and all that and they said that on the day that our last name corresponds too (mines the 19th for example) we go in and we can choose our subjects, and if we're interstate and didnt get a chance to talk to anyone we can also sit down and ask about what subjects we should pick and get advice etc
Cool, thanks!

As for the course codes: they're in the U/G Handbook (you should have a CD copy of it; if not: http://www.anu.edu.au/sas/handbook/) /whisper

Evilo

HSC
blacksunset said:
ii) The timetables are already set
They're subject to change, god i hope so.

blacksunset said:
If you're at a hall/college then you will sign up on those days. From memory the colleges take mon-tue. then wed, thur, fri = the rest in alphabetical groups.
You go down as a group, so you won't miss it :)

Last edited:

Evilo

HSC
blacksunset said:
do we find out our address (like room address) on the day we move in or before?
I found out the day i arrived. "Heres your key, you're room #, ** will show you there"

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
Last edited:

blacksunset

HSC
i was just curious about the email thats all.

and this is a question that makes me feel extremely silly but i wanna ask it so im clear.. so no laughing.
im working out my majors and courses, and i get 2 majors and 2 electives.
is there a difference between majors and electives in what u do in the course? because iv seen some awesome courses, but i was worried that by doing them as an elective rather than a major, i wont get to do as much? or something?
someone help please, im feeling very silly..

Last edited:

Eriny

Awesome Member
HSC
If you sign up for a course, you'll do the same amount of work as anyone else, it's just that your majors mean that you take more courses from the subject you're majoring in.

Evilo

HSC
blacksunset said:
is there a difference between majors and electives in what u do in the course?
I think im missing something here. Also have you got the meanings of all these words right?
Maybe ill eat something then come back and re-read it :(

blacksunset

HSC
lol, im just going on what my book thingy says.. it says i can pick 2 majors, and 2 electives...

Evilo

HSC
hmmmm im not sure about the elective thing, but the major thing would make sense.

Do you have the link to the studyat.anu website? maybe if i read it i can make sense of it.

UchihaVegeta

HSC
I've got a question.
I saw in the timetables website listing lecture/tutorial details.

What if the subject didn't have a tutorial timetable listed there yet? Does it mean that it wont have any tutorials at all? Or it is likely to be announced during the lectures?

Because strangely...I only have 1 subject that has tutorials in my first semester listed...

Evilo

HSC
UchihaVegeta said:
I've got a question.

What if the subject didn't have a tutorial timetable listed there yet? Does it mean that it wont have any tutorials at all? Or it is likely to be announced during the lectures?

Because strangely...I only have 1 subject that has tutorials in my first semester listed...
"to be announced during the lectures"
They will work out times, so you will be able to attend at least one.

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
blacksunset said:
i was just curious about the email thats all.

and this is a question that makes me feel extremely silly but i wanna ask it so im clear.. so no laughing.
im working out my majors and courses, and i get 2 majors and 2 electives.
is there a difference between majors and electives in what u do in the course? because iv seen some awesome courses, but i was worried that by doing them as an elective rather than a major, i wont get to do as much? or something?
someone help please, im feeling very silly..
what degree are you doing?

UchihaVegeta said:
I've got a question.

most units will have tutorials, and most science subjects will also have pracs. it'll be announced during lectures.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)