Dropping courses (1 Viewer)

HSC
I noticed that there is a last day to drop first semester courses without failure. What exactly does that mean? Does it apply to first years? What I mean is can I have only 3 courses, or do I have to have 4? Obviously the elective would be the one to drop because the others are core subjects...

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
drop a course before census date => you get your money back (i believe) and it won't show up in your academic transcript.

drop a course after census date => you won't get your money back, and the course will appear in your academic transcript with a grade of "WN" (withdrawn with failure).

doing three courses - can be done, check with your faculty first and see if they have anything to say. i don't think you need a reason.

Last edited:

Evilo

HSC
what jason said... but... if you drop the course "before census date ", but after a certain date (usually 3 weeks in)- you may be required to pay a $120 fee.
You don't have to have 4 courses, but it will lengthen yourdegree, and you may be required to do 4 as part of your contract with your hall. (otherwise they can kick you). Contact me if this is an issue and ill try and discuss it with you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)