doing two languages... (1 Viewer)

a-m-e-e-e

HSC
I'm doing Arts (hoping to transfer into Arts- IR) and want to do French and Spanish. Is this possible/ advisable? Has anyone done two languages at uni?

moc2009

HSC
N/A
I have been doing French and German at TAFE for the past year and when I start Uni next year will do French and German.

I contacted ANU and they advised it is definitely possible to do 2 languages at once.

The only problem with learning 2 at once usually comes if you learn 2 languages from the same group, as you might easily mix them up, French and Spanish are from the same group, so that might be your only problem. But if you can get around that you should be fine, also if you learn 2 languages from the same group – but one first on its own, then the second one will be easier for you.

I have found doing both French and German at the same time not a problem at all. But they are both from different language groups so it makes it a bit easier, and the German is very very easy (similar to English in so many ways).

Good Luck.

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
it's certainly possible - it's just like doing two seperate units.

to be honest, unless there's a written rule... you can do four languages at once if you're hardcore. spanish/greek/mandarin/french... (you can even overload with japanese) i dare you ;)

also if you want a further challenge, try writing two languages in each hand simultaneously. now that is the epitome of hardcoreness.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)