Work in Canberra?? (1 Viewer)

googy_1985

HSC
N/A
ANU is in Barton - around that area.

As it is in the city - very expensive to rent...

Finding work is good as it is close to The Canberra Centre - but nothing as big as Westfield Belconnen and the Canberra Centre doesnt have a woolies, coles etc so it may be hard to find casual work.. My friend who lives @ ANU works at Dickson and drives there.. You would generally have to travel to one of the town centres... BUT u could work @ a subway, kfc in the city..

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Ooh, ok thanks for that ;) Have to head down and have a look around. I'm planning on getting a car before Uni starts anway, so it doesn't matter if I'm renting outside the city ;)

Cheers!

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Im getting an internal transfer from from Kmart here to Kmart down there so its all good!

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
That sounds great ;) I'm gonna try that if I end up at ANU.. just my store isn't company, so it might be a lil difficult.

pri

HSC
N/A
you could work in one of the retail shops in the centre, or a coffee shop

googy_1985

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by melbournian
Are you sure? Isn't their a supermarket downstairs in the part of the Canberra Centre across the Bunda Ave (is that what its called).... I've baught stuff there several times.
Not unless they have built one since last saturday :)

Canberra Centre does not have coles or woolies. In the 'new' side, across the road there is a supermarket - although not "one of the big mobs".

My friend who moved to ANU from NSW got a transfer from woolies to DIckson or u could get a transfer to Belconnen...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)