UTS vs. ANU for Law (1 Viewer)

nedcooper

HSC
Hello All,

This year I'm studying straight Law at UTS, doing my first year of law subjects, after transferring from communications last year. I've got credit for last year so I'll be finished in 2011.

While the course is good and I like the lecturers and everything, I'm keen to live on campus somewhere rather than being cooped up at home. I was thinking of applying to transfer to Sydney Uni next year for Arts/Law but I think i'll miss out. Which brought me to ANU. Is the arts/law course at ANU as well regarded as UTS? I realise ANU as a whole is regarded very well internationally, but I just wondered what the Law course is actually like?

And how does ANU compare to Sydney Uni law?

Thanks everyone

SoAmazing

HSC
Melbourne university actually published a ranking of Australian Law universities which went
1. ANU
2.Melb uni
3. Sydney uni
So yes, ANU is actually regarded as higher than UTS( which ranked 12th)
To be honest, Sydney uni carries with it much more prestige than ANU (just my opinion), so if the opportunity arises i would recommend you opt for syd. Canberra doesn't have that much to do. I personally had the choice of going to Monash (Biomed/Law), NSW (Science/Law) and ANU(Science/Law) and i picked ANU. I probably woulda picked Sydney but my UAI fell marginally below the cut off. But now that I'm here, i like anu. But as to your primary question UTS vs ANU, sorry ANU no competition

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)