ANU vs. Harvard for LAW. (1 Viewer)

Sammy-Blue

HSC
Hi guys,

I currently study actuarial studies at ANU. I chose this degree in place of law at ANU because I didn't think the law degree carried enough prestige. I graduated with a UAI equivalent of 129, which incidentally is the same RON as racing fuel. After looking around I think Harvard is probably a good fit for me, but I just wanted to ask to see if anyone knew anything about it before I decide for certain. Is the quality of teaching any good? How big are classes? Is it very expensive? Will I be employable after graduation?

Thanks!

Oh, and I considered Yale but I didn't like it because Yale is a stupid name.

Nivi7

HSC
Oh, and I considered Yale but I didn't like it because Yale is a stupid name.
lol...I totally agree with u abt Yale being a stupid name, but I've actually heard a retard use dat excuse 2 chose Harvard over Yale.

On da Harvard law degree note, apparently one of the torts lecturers at ANU has a Harvard law degree...then there's Elle Wood, who also got a Harvard Law degree...just shows where the degree can take you...

Last edited:

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
uni's for fags anyway

edit: UC PRIDE MOTHERFUCKAAAAAH

dp624

HSC
how the hell did you get 129

SoAmazing

HSC
UAI of 129? well u will have no problem getting into Harvard with that UAI, but that's not really a legitimate score. To get into Harvard Law you are going to need atleast a Distinction average and an LSAT score in the high 170's (out of a possible 180). I was informed that it should cost you approximately 65k a year to study at Harvard, and if you were looking at a scholarship you would need nothing short of a perfect transcript and a perfect LSAT. And dismissing Yale? hahaha you do realise that it has been ranked the top law school in the world for i don't know how long. If prestiege is what your after Yale has the upper hand over Harvard( although the disparity would be minute). Dude if you want to attend one of the elite schools in america i would be sending out as many pplications as i can to all the ivy leagues and elite public schools (except princeton, no law there). Good Luck anyway

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
i would go to the university of oxford

australian law is more relevant to Britain than to the united states.

but if you want to work in the US, then just go to harvard then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)