Comm Law at ANU (1 Viewer)

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
So how does this combined degree at ANU compare to universities at UNSW and USYD? Since the cut off is 95.00 http://studyat.anu.edu.au/programs/4403XBCOM ;overview.html it doesn't seem popular at ANU compared to UNSW or USYD having 99.5+ cut offs. Is it because of the area, as less people live in the ACT? For those currently studying both degrees at ANU, what's it like?

And is it possible to transfer from ANU Comm Law to say UNSW Comm Law, especially if you have to travel a far distance to get to ANU?

Thanks.

Edited: Is 95+ the exact cut off? Or are there huge variations like Medicine?

Last edited:

Sammy-Blue

HSC
ANU's cut offs aren't determined by course popularity, so don't use them to compare the courses to other unis. You'd be better off asking about uni transfers in the general uni forums, short answer yes. Distance from Sydney shouldn't be an issue, it's really not that far.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Thanks Sammy. Do you personally travel from Sydney to ANU? (based from your Audi signature, I'd say yes? Lol). And what's ANU like for you? I keep hearing the stereotype (if it is or isn't I'm not sure) that Canberra is an incredibly boring city, which is why the cut off is lower compared to UNSW and USYD. Is this true? How are you finding it?

Thanks again :)

Edit: What's the nightlife like? :D.

Last edited:

Sammy-Blue

HSC
No, I travel from North Qld to ANU. ANU is great, Canberra isn't crash hot though. It's just a few years for uni before you can get out though, so it's not that bad. Nightlife is ok, just leave your class and sophistication at home.

mupy

HSC
Hey I'm also keen for comm/law at ANU!
With the UAC guide out though - seems like the ATAR score required is 95.85!
Is ANU's rep for comm/law good?? Any known alumni?

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
ANU's rep is pretty damn good in general. do not question it, grasshopper.

Revelrous

HSC
bro canberra is a shit hole
im sure theres plenty of hot parties at parliament house

i dont think unsw will let you in they'll be all like 'ew canberra weirdo traitor' and snob you

6 hour drive per day?
no

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)