Showers on Campus? (1 Viewer)

Sonic Scythe

HSC
N/A
I don't live on campus and I have a 40 min bicycle ride in.

In winter this isn't much of a problem, but as the weather warms up this tends to result in some gross sweatiness that I'd rather not carry around with me all day. I usually bring a change of shirt, but it would be great if there was a shower to use someplace on campus.

The ANU transport page for walkers and riders says 'most buildings have at least one shower and change room' - but I've never encountered one. Anybody know where they are?

lambchop

HSC
N/A
i only know the ones at the gym. don't see why you could not use those, they are not inside the gym so you can just walk through.

Sonic Scythe

HSC
N/A
Thanks lambchop, I haven't been inside the gym (all that riding is exercise enough for me), I didn't realise you could use their showers without being a member or something.

I'd still be interested to know where all these secret showers in 'most buildings' are.

chooette

PhB Chemistry (Hons)
HSC
There's showers in the toilets on the ground floor of the chem building...

Sammy-Blue

HSC
Walk into a random college and use theirs. No one would realise you weren't from there, and even if they did I doubt they'd care. Just say you spent the night...

rumour

HSC
In Coombs the bathrooms next to the lecture theatre, have showers in them.

Wow a 40 minute bike ride just to get to uni!! I'd just stay home lol

ps- you could try the college thing, i once used the showers at Fenner when our water got turned off.

Last edited:

Sonic Scythe

HSC
N/A
Rumour - sometimes I do!

I may have to try sneakily using the college ones. Thanks for the tips everyone.

lambchop

HSC
N/A
i would avoid college ones, eventually someone will notice and it will be embarrassing. plus from my college experience, showers on main campus are prob cleaner lol

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
hmm with all these free showers at anu, i'm perplex as to why anu isn't overrun by hobos scoring free showers.

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
I'd do the shower @ residential colleges thing. +1 to Sammy's comments.

@jasont - The year before i arrived one of the kids at my college decided he didnt need his room any more, and gave him room key to a hobo. The bloke lived in there for a week or two until he started scaring the girls, so the college asked (the hobo) to leave

I'm pretty sure the mens bathroom (opposite the University healthcare) had a shower, or maybe it was the one a little further down. Just walk in and use them.

lambchop

HSC
N/A
i was in BPB yesterday. First floor, head towards the lift but instead turn right where you see the door for the stairs. Opposite that there is a disabled toilet that doubles as a shower. I have never seen anyone walk in there, i never even knew there was a toilet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)