Gender Imbalance? (1 Viewer)

mupy

HSC
I was looking at the Good Universities Guide 2010, and saw ANU only had 2 stars for gender balance [stats released by dept. of education, employment, workplace relations].

Does anyone know which way it sways? Are there more guys or more girls?

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
umm depends which subjects you do.

More men than women: science, engineering etc
More women than men: arts, ir, visual arts etc

Tbh i think there is no 'out of the ordinary' gender imbalance, if you go to most unis, the above subjects gender ratio would be exactly the same.

PS: the reviews are probably written by sexually deprived actuary/finance males.

Sammy-Blue

HSC
umm depends which subjects you do.

More men than women: science, engineering etc
More women than men: arts, ir, visual arts etc

Tbh i think there is no 'out of the ordinary' gender imbalance, if you go to most unis, the above subjects gender ratio would be exactly the same.

PS: the reviews are probably written by sexually deprived actuary/finance males.
I see what you did there.

Andi0390

HSC
I didn't really notice a gender imbalance.

I guess it depends what subjects you do. I did Arts and even there I noticed a difference, more guys in Philosophy, more girls in Sociology etc.

I wouldn't call the ANU Gender balance problematic.

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
there's actually a pretty good gender balance in actuary/finance. it's engineering and IT which are sausage fests.

breezy221090

HSC
Maybe the gender imbalance relates to the facilities and opportunities etc that one gender gets over the other rather than there being more of one gender enrolled.

HSC
N/A
actuarial science/finance ftw

hmm, forget the gender imbalance, check out the white/asian imbalance in these disciplines!

:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)