Parking (1 Viewer)

lambchop

HSC
N/A
this is my rant,
how is it that I get to uni between 8;45 and 9:00am and can still struggle to find parking? Since I started uni I have seen about 3 or 4 Permit parking areas totally destroyed or given to staff or reserved parking. How can they even justify asking students to pay anymore?

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
supply and demand.

Unfortunately they have closed off heaps of carparks for builders/contractors and staff. As jasont mentioned before, staff have been selling their spaces off to mates who work in the city for beer money. it's bs and the whole thing needs to be sorted. Try parking in the residential areas across the road from the mac store (east side) towards wests@turners. Or consider catching the bus/riding bike.

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
i'll give you $2 and a tuggy.

also if you check out the parking lot closest to the city (near unilodge), it's full by 8:15am. it's pubes (public servants) who take up these carparks because they don't want to spend $9/day parking in a public carpark. so they go on the blackmarket and buy a permit off someone living on campus for a few hundred dollars.

makes me want to punch them in the twat.

Andi0390

HSC
I hate parking at ANU. I used to have great satisfaction when I came in to study on the weekends and could park in the car park opposite union court for free. I don't know why but it just made me happy.

I believe (but I don't know) that you can buy a car spot or something with one of the residential halls. It costs more but think they only have a certain number so you'll always get parking.

I hate to admit it, but honestly 90% of Canberra could catch a bus to ANU. Sure it would take longer and be annoying but Canberra is pretty small. So maybe its not a bad thing that they have less parking - they are encouraging people to use alternative means.

Saying that I used to drive everyday and I lived pretty close. That was partly because I have so much stuff and partly because I needed to go to Belconnen after, so its kinda on the way. I used to park across it Turner. Its really not that far from Union Court and if you drive around there is always parking, although sometimes you have to take the not so ideal ones. Basically there is two hour parking, three hour parking and after 11am parking. So you are going to have to move your car once during the day. It wasn't a huge deal for me, I over stayed by a couple of hours multiple times and never got a ticket.

That worked for me, you might not want to do it but I saw it as the best option. Giving less money to stupid ANU car park services and also costing me less.

lambchop

HSC
N/A
ya i could technically bike, however i often go from my work to uni or the other way and it would take too much time to go home again. I just really angry that every year there is less parking and that they can still charge what they do for it. You should not be able to charge for a service you cant really guarantee. Oh well Guess they get away with it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)