4 those of u who live in canberra (1 Viewer)

strawberry

r there some major shopping centers around the city or is westfield in Belconne (is dat how u spell it??) da nearest place??

thanx

strawberry

meaning that I can go get veggies and take away food in sushi or macca or pizza at canberra center if i don't feel like cooking??

smegger_em

Clever Cookie
Melbourne, or as it shoulda, could, woulda been ca
HSC
The canberra centre is pretty big - 3 stories and then another one storey section where these a supermaket and deli and a VEGETABLE SHOP (did you think we are all carnivores??? of course there's a vege shop!!!)
There's 3 sushi shops, 2 mcdonalds, several pizza places and a huge variety of resturants. The supermarket (superbarn) is a bit evil and marks the prices up a bit, but its not to bad. if you are staying at an ANU collage its about a 20-25 minute walk or a 10 minute car/bus ride.
Just remember... national capital, 300000 of us live there, you dont need to worry about not being able to by carrots.

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
Originally posted by smegger_em
Just remember... national capital, 300000 of us live there, you dont need to worry about not being able to by carrots.
lol :D

totally pointless post... but i found that comment funny

strawberry

hey shut up!

Canberra seems like a small place and I got worried when there was ONE westfield in da whole of canberra...

sorry if u were offended...

but yah ur post waz funni...

thanx alot anyway

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
hey strawberry - do you live in sydney? i do and it looks like im moving to canberra too.. if the going gets tough we can always pop back up to sydney for pitt street mall and the likes ;)

strawberry

hey blah...

r u realli gonna just hop on da train back to syd for da weekend, get stuff and go back...

and may i just remind u that tickets r like 50 bucks

or r u gonna drive?? in that case TAKE ME!! TAKE ME!!!

so have u found accomodation??

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
nah, im not going to go back to sydney every weekend. im sure canberra has enough entertainment and shops to keep me there.

i need to get my P's first before i can drive lol

i've applied for on-campus accommodation @ ANU. so im hoping i'll get in there.. you?

strawberry

i applied 4 accom at ANU too, bu I think I'm a bit too late...when did u apply??

I applied for fenner and b&g....i hope they're not popular...

have you thought about what if u dont get it??

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
i applied in late september i think..

if i dont get in i'll have to find some place that wants housemates i guess!

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Does anyone know of anyone who applied to John? I only did it like a week and a half ago....

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
That was my second choice, but I do know at least one person who has applied for there.

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
I read somewhere that during O-week they had pub crawls but also a coffee crawl where they went around to cafes in Canberra trying all the coffee.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Ah ok John was my first, and then Fenner. Kinda opposites, but I was trying to maximise my chances of getting in. Though I think Burgmann and B & G are the most popular....

Bolkonski

Brother Angry Dave
HSC
oh really? i think i might join the coffee crawl blah says she.

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
Originally posted by Ms 12
Ah ok John was my first, and then Fenner. Kinda opposites, but I was trying to maximise my chances of getting in. Though I think Burgmann and B & G are the most popular....
yeah, kinda different hey! fenner is quite big though, isnt it?

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yeah Im not really sure, Ive only seen them from the outside cos I missed the open day (damn 4 unit major work!).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)