pre enrolment advice day (jan 19) (1 Viewer)

2003HSC

who is going to this? It's the same day as offers, which we will find out from 9AM but it says the advice day starts at 9AM.
Unless its sort of like an open day where you can come any time you want?
I live in Sydney and it takes over 3 hours to get to canberra so why do they put it on the same day offers come out, since we wouldnt have had a chance to see if an offer to us has been made yet?

And if we are accepted into campus accommmodation, are we allowed to move in when O-week starts on Feb 16?

Last question: none of my referees have been contacted about accommodation. Does this mean I havent been accepted and should start looking to rent a room?

Bolkonski

Brother Angry Dave
HSC
im going to pea day... id feel a little insecure and yes a tad annoyed about it being on the 19th if I wasnt so sure about both accomodation offers and uni offers...

and Id only think it proper to live at college for o week seeings as though thats the only place alot of people are going to be able to live for uni.
and Im not going to venture an opinion on the referees things as I could quite possibly be wrong.

Ribbon

I was planning to go, but I live 6 hours away from canberra, and could stay in syd for the day so I could go but it is doubtful if I will even get an offer at ANU, so I don't think i'll bother hanging around 'just in case'

really the only thing I am missing out on I wanted to do heaps was sign up for the bookshop to save however many hours waiting in line on enrolment day.

and yes, I am annoyed they picked a stupid, stupid day for pea :p

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
on the same day as the offers? that is REALLY stupid.

and surely you could move in on o-week as you can't keep going back home, and its' only a week before.

so o-week is feb 15? not long!

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yeah I think I'll head down there. I got a call from John XXVIII college this arvo and was basically told that I was in (he said he couldn't say it for sure until sometime next week but they were really impressed bla bla bla).

But yeah they picked such a stupid day!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
why do they call to say they are impressed, but you may not get in? what if someone didn't get it!

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
They called to do an interview over the fone. They said Johns had 300 applications for 100 places, and when I sound concerned, he said 'I wouldn't worry, if you've gotten a call its cos you've been shortlisted'.

Bolkonski

Brother Angry Dave
HSC
whats involved in signing up for the co op book shop? is there like a membership fee?

smegger_em

Clever Cookie
Melbourne, or as it shoulda, could, woulda been ca
HSC
I couldnt go last year and was really nervous that i'd miss out on heaps of things, but i was fine. any info you want you can get through the web site really. As long as you are there for O week, your fine.
Joining the co-op is a matter of filing in a small form and paying the fee, takes about 5 minutes and definetly worth your time.

Ribbon

I got told the lines to join the bookshop would be huge, like a few hours wait?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)