Off campus accomodation (1 Viewer)

NVRMND

hey, i got into ANU but i didnt apply for on-campus accommodation.. as i assumed i was going to get into UNSW.. either way i am happy i got in, but i have no accommodation. Anyone else in the same boat?

I am most likely going to rent out a room somewhere close to the uni..

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
yes.. kind of.. im on the waiting list for a college, but im not holding out much hope of getting in.

Ribbon

I didn't apply for off campus either... I am staying with some of mums friends (who i've never met before) until I can find my own place. I'vbe lived with my b/f for the past 2 years, doing what I want when I want so I have to adjust to uni life the wrong way around... its going to be wierd living in a house with parents and rules again !

NVRMD: what are you studying? do you realise you are looking at alot of $$ for a room close to the uni?

NVRMND

I have had hardly any luck so far... :( I havent been able to find anything decent.

I wanted to make a list of places to check out and do a road trip.. but i havent even been able to get people to reply to emails.

cocktail lounge

hey i'm going to anu next month too, doing commerce/law. i'm also on a waiting list but don't think i'll get in. went to canberra today to look for some places but they were expensive and not so great and a little far from uni too. do any of you guys in the same boat want to contact each other and see if we can get a few people together to find a decent place to live?

NVRMND

Yeah, i am all for contacting each other..

If you want to add me to msn my addy is

straight_edge_716(at)hotmail(dot)com

aoi_sora_1027

yeah i applied but didn't get accommdation now too

i'm looking for accomodation, but its so expensive

so i'm all up for sharing with ppl

Bolkonski

Brother Angry Dave
HSC
yeah.. I almost feel guilty.. however, I will move out after a year.. too expensive to stay on longer. whats rent like around canberra?

2003HSC

Originally posted by Bolkonski
yeah.. I almost feel guilty.. however, I will move out after a year.. too expensive to stay on longer. whats rent like around canberra?
Depends where you want to live. Renting just a room anywhere in the inner suburbs will cost slightly more than staying in an uncatered college anyway. But I'm planning to move out after a year as well with my girlfriend. I dont think its fair for new first year students from overseas/interstate to miss out on accomodation when Ive already settled into canberra and dont need all the support from living on campus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)