2nd year transfer (1 Viewer)

a037422944

HSC
Uni Grad
*im sorry in advance if this makes no sense*

BUT, recently i've been thinking about going to ANU.. i think it would be a nice change from the busy-ness of the city! I've checked it out (the website) and applications for accomodation is closed (which bewilders me as offers havent come out but thats apart from my issue), as well as i didnt even apply for ANU as i didnt really see it as an opportunity and dont want to risk 2nd round offers (especially if i cant get accomodation there).

but i am interested in trying to get into comm/law for my second year. i wanted to know whether i can PURELY use my 2010 atar when applying for 2012 study at ANU or is it based on my GPA(dont really understand GPA for a second point, assuming its like in the movies as a "grade point average") in the first year?

thanks for your help :)

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
I believe you have to declare all tertiary study when applying, so your marks from your first year at UTS are taken into consideration. According to http://www.anu.edu.au/sas/admission/missed_out/index.php your tertiary marks are used in conjunction with your ATAR to calculate a selection rank. The Admissions Office can of course tell you more.

And yes, GPA does mean Grade Point Average, but it's not a measure commonly used at ANU.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)