2012 Hopeful (1 Viewer)

coldhands

HSC
Hi.
I have been reading about ANU for quite some time now..and I have become very very keen on getting into ANU next year.
I would like to get into Actuary/Law or Law/Commerce. The "entry level" published on the website says it is set at 96 ATAR. I'm not sure if I can achieve that score, I think i may get close like 93-95, but not entirely sure if I can get a score of 96+.. I was just wondering whether applying for EAS will give me more of a chance of getting in..and how much it will increase my likelihood of getting in.
Also, I come from Victoria, and in VTAC they call it SEAS..is SEAS and EAS identical?..I know the categories for SEAS and I am eligible to applyy..but would I still be able to apply for disadvantaged school?.
Thank you :)
-Tom

coldhands

HSC
Oh okay.
I really really really want to get into the act/law course at ANU!
Say..if my EAS application is successful...would I still be able to gain entry into the course with about a 94 atar? The Atar for Act/Law is 96.

thank you.

coldhands

HSC
oh okay thanks.
Yes I have heard of uniTEST...however, I have not heard of anyone actually getting in because of it...well not for law that is. :S
If anyone knows of someone who got into law because if uniTEST please tell me. thank you.

coldhands

HSC
Also, I have another question.
I am keen (at the moment) on doing Actuary/Law...however a lot of people have warned me about the level of difficulty.
I was just wondering, if I do end up getting into actuary/law and feel that it is too much after first year, could I just transfer to com/law or finance/law easily?
Would I need to restart the com or finance part from the beginning? or would I get credits or something?
Thanks!

aznboystar

Honourary Azn
HSC
Also, I have another question.
I am keen (at the moment) on doing Actuary/Law...however a lot of people have warned me about the level of difficulty.
I was just wondering, if I do end up getting into actuary/law and feel that it is too much after first year, could I just transfer to com/law or finance/law easily?
Would I need to restart the com or finance part from the beginning? or would I get credits or something?
Thanks!
actuarial studies and law are extremely difficult and competitive. doing both would be quite tough in terms of workload imo. its also unnecessary. you should really decide which field you want to pursue beforehand. since you definitely dont need a law degree to become an actuary and vice versa.

thoth1

Banned
HSC
ye definitely dont do actuarial/law. it will be heavy workload

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)