3 years degree is shortened to 2 years degree (1 Viewer)

nhythy

HSC
Hello everybody,

I am going to do Bachelor of Commerce in semester 1 2012 at ANU. As I wish I can graduate as soon as possible so I would like to lessen the length of the course. So can 3 years degree be shortened to 2 years degree by doing summer school and winter school (school holidays)?

Thank you in advance.

Have a nice day! ^^

anu_martini

HSC
N/A
basic answer, no. ANU offers very little over the summer and winter, usually research courses.

yosemite sam

HSC
You might be able to shorten it by a semester though. They have a pretty good system of inter-institutional kind of stuff and you might be able to do something through Open Uni or another distance uni that would count. Go and see the advisory for your college and check it out.

Corvid

HSC
N/A
difficult if not impossible because certain subjects are only offered in certain semesters and some subjects have prerequisites. asking someone in the school who knows about these things would be best.

if you want to make the most of your time, do a double degree or find some work while you're at school. and please dont burn out, seriously ive been there.

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
I don't particularly see why you'd want to shorten it to two years - you'd burn out, and besides, you won't have nearly enough time to actually enjoy the uni experience. I'm at the end of my second year now and I'm just starting to really get into it - my degree program is 4 years and I honestly don't think it's long enough!

nhythy

HSC
First of all, thank to everybody who care about this topic ^^

basic answer, no. ANU offers very little over the summer and winter, usually research courses.
Yeah, you are rite, they are so rare. Btw, Do they offer winter course for Commerce?

You might be able to shorten it by a semester though. They have a pretty good system of inter-institutional kind of stuff and you might be able to do something through Open Uni or another distance uni that would count. Go and see the advisory for your college and check it out.
so you mean lessen 1 semester is possible, but not 2 semesters? Well, what do you mean by doing something through Open Uni?(sorry because everything here are new to me. Havnt started uni life yet :p)

difficult if not impossible because certain subjects are only offered in certain semesters and some subjects have prerequisites. asking someone in the school who knows about these things would be best.

if you want to make the most of your time, do a double degree or find some work while you're at school. and please dont burn out, seriously ive been there.
Thank you for your advise <3

I don't particularly see why you'd want to shorten it to two years - you'd burn out, and besides, you won't have nearly enough time to actually enjoy the uni experience. I'm at the end of my second year now and I'm just starting to really get into it - my degree program is 4 years and I honestly don't think it's long enough!
Well, I have reasons to do it though :). Btw, what's ur degree? Wanna make friendship :p

Ah, can somebody please tell me some information about 4 sessions (srping, summer, autumn, winter) at ANU. Out of doing 4 certain courses during standard semesters, can I do more courses offered in those sessions (like 1 or 2 more courses) during the session time as well?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)