Anu 2013 (1 Viewer)

yixian

HSC
N/A
haha yup! im from melbourne, so im looking to go apply for one of the catered colleges there for first year. what about you guys? any preferences for colleges yet?

sirquack

HSC
I've applied for Bruce as first preference. :) That's such a long way yixian! I'm from the vic/nsw border so I'm moving 5 hours, and the closest people I know will be three hours away! Shit scared but really excited!

yixian

HSC
N/A
haha yeah i think im gonna do that too! apparently bruce is the best! what about second preference? im not too keen on the idea of burgmann or john XXIII, cos burgmann is apparently the 'snobby' house and john XXIII is apparently not even on campus and so isolated!

yeahhh i know its a long way, but hopefully the arts/law course up at ANU will be worth it! yeah oh wow! i gotta move 10 hours, and the closest people i know will be 10 hours away hahahaha. how daunting is that! HOPEFULLY it'll be all worth it in the end. fingers crossed!

sirquack

HSC
Oh wow! And I thought I had it bad! I didn't think we were able to put in second preferences? Yeah, Bruce just seemed like the house with the best combination of laid-backness and fun. :)

yixian

HSC
N/A
hahaha well hopefully it wont get too boring up there! oh yeah you can't... haha sorry, i only applied for accommodation like 2 days ago. haha woo! go bruce! hopefully we'll be hall-mates next year lolol. are you going to any of the advisory sessions?

sirquack

HSC
Haha, I'm from a small country town so pretty much anything would be more exciting. :p Ahh, maybe? Depends.

yixian

HSC
N/A
haha fair enough then! why do you want to go to ANU?

sirquack

HSC
I want to do international law (/arts), and anu has the best global reputation. Always thought Id go to unimelb but it doesn't have the degree I want. And I want to do sociology/english in an arts degree, a bit of gender studies, and I think the political atmosphere in Canberra would be amazing. :)) And the lower atar doesn't hurt! :p What about you?

yixian

HSC
N/A
hahaha yeah melb uni doesnt offer law undergrad haha! pretty much all the reasons why i wanna go, except also because i dont think ill get the atar needed for monash to study arts/law.
i wanna do philosophy/english in the arts degree, with a bit of chinese haha! i know its a bit early, but what would you like to get out of the law degree? become a lawyer, or a politician etc.?

sirquack

HSC
Wow, that sounds awesome! Uhh, probably politics/diplomacy. I'd really love to work for the UN!

ruthiej

HSC
Uni Grad
haha yeah i think im gonna do that too! apparently bruce is the best! what about second preference? im not too keen on the idea of burgmann or john XXIII, cos burgmann is apparently the 'snobby' house and john XXIII is apparently not even on campus and so isolated!
Johns is next door to Burgmann. Fenner Hall is the one that is off campus. Though, it's only out on Northbourne ave so it's not too far away.

yixian

HSC
N/A
@ruthiej: oh thanks for the heads up! hows johns in comparison to the other catered colleges?

@sirquack: hahaha thats pretty cool too! youd be able to travel all over the world by working for the UN yeah? that would be the life! hahaha

Last edited:

yixian

HSC
N/A
Hahaha! Well, if you do, theres always skype, facebook and all that stuff to stay in touch with him! It'll be fine :p

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
You guys/girls sound so nice it's disgusting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)