ANU accomodation? (1 Viewer)

sj20

HSC
I'm looking to study at the Australian National University in Canberra next year, and was wondering if anyone had any advice on accomodation as I live far away and won't be able to visit the campus myself.

From researching online I like the look of the UniLodges as I'm looking for somewhere quiet, clean and with my own bathroom.

Does anyone have any feedback on the UniLodges at ANU, or the accomodation in general? Anything would be helpful.

Thank you in advance :)

Okashi

HSC
I'm looking to study at the Australian National University in Canberra next year, and was wondering if anyone had any advice on accomodation as I live far away and won't be able to visit the campus myself.

From researching online I like the look of the UniLodges as I'm looking for somewhere quiet, clean and with my own bathroom.

Does anyone have any feedback on the UniLodges at ANU, or the accomodation in general? Anything would be helpful.

Thank you in advance :)
I'm looking to study at ANU next year as well.
This is what I have gathered :

Unilodges
-Expensive (Bullshit stuff like the community spirit program)
-Quiet
- A bit down on the social side
- own bathroom and kitchen
- I would recommend Kinloch or Davey as they are the closer ones to the main campus

Residential Colleges
- self catered or catered options
- relatively cheap , catered matches the price of non-catered Unilodges
- communal showers and toilets. Kinda like camp everyday
- communal kitchens
- Frequent parties and sporting events (Rivalry between colleges)
- small rooms
- Burton and Garren Hall is the best non-catered (new)while Burgmann is usually the pick for catered college for law students.

sj20

HSC
Thanks so much! I might see you around next year :)

HSC
Hey guys is it too late to apply? I would like to go to b&g college cause it's the cheapest!!!!!!!11

sj20

HSC
No applications only opened on the 31st August- closes 30th November :) So you still have plenty of time, I'm just trying to get organised early to prevent being stressed out!

GL1001

HSC
No applications only opened on the 31st August- closes 30th November :) So you still have plenty of time, I'm just trying to get organised early to prevent being stressed out!
How are we supposed to apply if we dont even know if we've been accepted?

Okashi

HSC
How are we supposed to apply if we dont even know if we've been accepted?
ANU just does it early so there's no big late rush to secure accommodation after the main round. ANU semester also starts early relative to other universities so its best for accommodation to be sorted early.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Also ANU has the first year accommodation guarantee thing, but the app is relatively simple on the online portal.

Most of the colleges are catered, except B+G is self catered. The colleges are normally about 13000-14000 per annum.

GL1001

HSC
Also ANU has the first year accommodation guarantee thing, but the app is relatively simple on the online portal.

Most of the colleges are catered, except B+G is self catered. The colleges are normally about 13000-14000 per annum.
I'm not first year, but hoping to transfer into my third year. Will I still be guaranteed? Should I apply before knowing that I've been accepted?

yoyo987

HSC
What are you guys writing in the section of the application where it says: Please list any special attributes or experiences which would help you contribute to the community:*
I am so confused about how to start.

sj20

HSC
I'm just writing a bit about myself, like academic success, extra curricular stuff, what I like to do in my spare time, why I want to go to ANU and what I'm hoping to study

sj20

HSC
Does anyone know how you change your preference?

I haven't submitted my application (I'm up to where it says "Supporting Information) but it won't let me go back to "Room Preferences".

yoyo987

HSC
You can't. You just have to email them and tell them that you are changing your room preference. That is what I did

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)