Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ANU Roll Call 2014

HSC

Post ANU Roll Call 2014

Just Accepted my early offer at ANU! Thought it'd be good to connect with students going there next year...since I will know no one (moving from VIC)
    Post your details
    Me:
    Flexible Double of Medical Science/Science (Psychology). And staying at Lena Karmel

Cadet
    HSC

Re: ANU Roll Call 2014

Got offered mine today as well and likely accept it tomorrow morning.

Double of B.Laws/International Relations (or maybe B.Laws/Arts havent decided). Moving from Sydney to B&G.

btw, havent received an email regarding my accommodation yet, will it come or should I accept my UAC before they confirm my accommodation and ask for a deposit?

HSC

how much is accommodation?

Cadet
    HSC

$180 a week at B&G

HSC

thanks

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by GL1001 View Post
    Got offered mine today as well and likely accept it tomorrow morning.

Double of B.Laws/International Relations (or maybe B.Laws/Arts havent decided). Moving from Sydney to B&G.

btw, havent received an email regarding my accommodation yet, will it come or should I accept my UAC before they confirm my accommodation and ask for a deposit?
    Good to meet you! When are you planning to move?

And I got mine at the same time I got an offer...but I bet you unilodge do it different, pretty sure you'll get one when you accept, but you'd probably gotten it by now right?

Cadet
    HSC

Quote Originally Posted by cloudsandcream View Post
    Good to meet you! When are you planning to move?

And I got mine at the same time I got an offer...but I bet you unilodge do it different, pretty sure you'll get one when you accept, but you'd probably gotten it by now right?
    I'd like to move in earlier and try to find somewhere to work before I start stressing about uni, so probably a week or two before uni starts.

Just accepted my offer today and it said I'd be emailed within 2 days. Still no word from accommodation :/

HSC

Hi everyone, I'll be starting at ANU this year too, doing Arts/Law.

GL1001, I wouldn't stress about the accommodation offers (yet!), I was told at the Sydney Advisory Day that ANU halls and colleges don't send out their offers until the UAC Main Round. I'm hoping that's the case because I haven't heard anything yet either.

Also, just a general question for everyone who's gotten an early offer - have you enrolled in your subjects online yet? I'm confused by the process because it looks like I am able to do that for Law but I don't know what subjects to select and I don't want to stuff up my timetable.

Cadet
    HSC

1st year Bachelor of Music/Bachelor of Economics at Warrumbul Lodge. Is anyone else going to be staying at Warrumbul Lodge? I don't know much about it.

HSC

Got into Bachelor of Politics, Philosophy and Economics/Juris Doctor - a mouthful to say! But I didn't get the college I applied for, instead I got offered a place at UniLodge which is pretty overpriced in my opinion so I'm now looking for off-campus accommodation. Hopefully I won't miss out on too much of the social life..

HSC

Phew got into Law + IT. Hoping to see you guys there. Also to yoyo and capsicum, when did you receive your accommodation offers- I haven't received anything yet.

Cadet
    HSC

Immediately. Like as soon as I accepted my offer I was pretty surprised. What did you apply for - unilodge? I'm not too sure when the other college offers come out because it seems to me that unilodge has so far sent the offers

HSC

Naw applied for Burgmann which has much higher demand than the unilodges so maybe that's why. btw yoyo have you enrolled in your courses yet?

HSC

I got a text and email the day after main round offers were made. Apparently Burgmann had 75 places for a massive 375 applicants!

Cadet
    HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Hitch223 View Post
    Naw applied for Burgmann which has much higher demand than the unilodges so maybe that's why. btw yoyo have you enrolled in your courses yet?
    Yes I have enrolled. It took a while though. Have you? If not, just use your username and password to log on to ISIS and it's pretty straightforward from then - you may have to answer a lot of questions before you can enrol

HSC

Hey, has anyone who's accepted their offer for Law and/or Arts enrolled in their individual subjects yet? If so, how did you know what to enrol in?

HSC

I accepted the Flexible Double of Commerce/Science (Psychology) but haven't heard anything about accommodation yet (my preference was Lena Karmel). Anybody else still waiting to hear anything referring accommodation and/or unilodge?
    Also, I think I will wait until I arrive in Canberra to choose the individual subjects as I'll talk to some advisers as I have absolutely no idea..

HSC
    N/A

I accepted Bachelor of International Studies and am starting first semester this year which is sooooo soon, need to start packing!!! I still need to enrol though, it's such a long process and I tried to find where to, it gave me information but I can't find where to actually fill out the form! I also haven't heard from accommodation yet. Is anyone else scared??

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by arimerialc View Post
    Hey, has anyone who's accepted their offer for Law and/or Arts enrolled in their individual subjects yet? If so, how did you know what to enrol in?
    Hey arimerialc, I'm doing law with you but I also have no idea what to enroll in. If you find out, please tell me

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Sun1 View Post
    I accepted Bachelor of International Studies and am starting first semester this year which is sooooo soon, need to start packing!!! I still need to enrol though, it's such a long process and I tried to find where to, it gave me information but I can't find where to actually fill out the form! I also haven't heard from accommodation yet. Is anyone else scared??
    I know right so soon, nervous excitement for me! I think the accommodation contracts start early Feb? And O-Week is 10th-14th.
    I'm moving from Sydney so it'll be nice to live someplace new

Cadet
    HSC

Quote Originally Posted by harlow6 View Post
    I accepted the Flexible Double of Commerce/Science (Psychology) but haven't heard anything about accommodation yet (my preference was Lena Karmel). Anybody else still waiting to hear anything referring accommodation and/or unilodge?
    Also, I think I will wait until I arrive in Canberra to choose the individual subjects as I'll talk to some advisers as I have absolutely no idea..

Yeah I got Warrumbul Lodge because Lena-Karmel is at full occupancy. They are probably deciding where you should go because the lodge is full. I don't know anything about Warrumbul if anyone else is going or knows anything about it, it would be much appreciated if you tell me what it's like

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by yoyo987 View Post
    Yeah I got Warrumbul Lodge because Lena-Karmel is at full occupancy. They are probably deciding where you should go because the lodge is full. I don't know anything about Warrumbul if anyone else is going or knows anything about it, it would be much appreciated if you tell me what it's like
    Oh that's annoying, thanks for telling me. I applied after the guaranteed accommodation date on December 20th so I'm not surprised that it happened. I've also been trying to call them and ask but no one was answering and their office is now closed over the weekend.
    Anyhow I suppose any of the unilodges should be fine

HSC

Accepted my offer and doing a flexible double degree of International Relations and Development Studies. I applied to Bruce Hall and I still haven't received an accommodation offer yet . All of my friends have gotten ones from UniLodge so far. Has anyone gotten an offer from somewhere that isn't UniLodge yet?

Cadet
    HSC

Quote Originally Posted by milesaboveyou View Post
    Accepted my offer and doing a flexible double degree of International Relations and Development Studies. I applied to Bruce Hall and I still haven't received an accommodation offer yet . All of my friends have gotten ones from UniLodge so far. Has anyone gotten an offer from somewhere that isn't UniLodge yet?
    Hi Miles, Bruce is amazing, I hope you get in. If so, I'll see you next year. The wait will largely be because Bruce is the most competitive college to get into and so a lot of applications need to be processed. However, you will get an offer for something and if you haven't received a unilodge offer yet, it's a good sign.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by yoyo987 View Post
    Warrumbul is really nice, not as good as Lena Karmel but similar room set-up and is definitely a nice place to stay and people are nice (mr brother stayed their last year)

and yay harlow Psych

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information