How much should I take to my unilodge accommodation? (1 Viewer)

GL1001

HSC
I was thinking about just bringing the basics, some clothes, my computer and laptop. But my dad has offered to buy me a mini-fridge/freezer thing to store a bunch of meat in (he's a butcher), which will save me from having to worry about a few meals, as well as let me keep some drinks and alcohol cool. Also my brother is offering me his old computer monitor to watch movies on, which isnt a bad idea either.

Will I look dumb bringing a bunch of pointless stuff?

harlow6

HSC
Nope, I'm going to buy a mini oven, a mini fridge and basically bring my whole bedroom down to ANU (of which can fit), sooooo I wouldn't worry. It's your room, why not :)

Hitch223

HSC
haha thanks for making me feel bad- I'm only bringing the essentials. No problem, I'll just leech off you guys :smile:

uhoohoo

HSC
what kind of room are you in in unilodge and where? have you seen the rooms before?
all unilodge have fridge/freezer + microwave, oven depends on where you are

harlow6

HSC
what kind of room are you in in unilodge and where? have you seen the rooms before?
Do you know how big the fridge/freezers are? I've never seen the unilodge rooms for myself.
I think I'll need to bring a mini oven though cause I cook a lot. Although in saying all this, I still haven't had an accommodation offer yet

GL1001

HSC
Mine has allocated fridge space apparently. But I'm thinking I might just want to store stuff in there for when I'm studying and dont want to walk to the kitchen. Also I like beer and dont trust leaving it in a public fridge :p

uhoohoo

HSC
your rooms are small (unless in a studio) and the shared areas are small too, you can get from your room to the fridge in like 3 seconds
there maybe not be enough space to put a mini fridge in your room (again, depends on where you are)
the common room fridge fridge is only accessible by you and your roommates if you have them so if your stuff goes missing then you know it's one of them lol
my 3 share room fridge had a freezer with 2 layers and normal fridge bit with 4 layers + vegetable bit at the bottom + all the door space

but like i did when i first move, bring everything you think you might need (remembering that you can buy pretty much everything there it's not a hole with nothing), if you bring too much then just ask your parents to take it back :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)