Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Information on Accommodation

HSC
    I'm not sure if this has already been answered but:

if i apply for accomodation and is successful but if i don't get into the course, what would happen to my application?

and on the accomodation booklet there's a registration fee of about $180, when do you have to pay that? If you apply for more than 1 hall, would you have to pay the registration fee of all of the halls?

thanks guys.

HSC
    On another note, what's the difference between:

Bruce Hall - Packard Wing Double
    Bruce Hall - Packard Wing Single
    Bruce Hall - single room catered

as in, prices/catering options/etc etc? because i'm doing the accomodation applications atm and i really don't know how to distinguish them...

HSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jago
    On another note, what's the difference between:

Bruce Hall - Packard Wing Double
    Bruce Hall - Packard Wing Single
    Bruce Hall - single room catered

as in, prices/catering options/etc etc? because i'm doing the accomodation applications atm and i really don't know how to distinguish them...
    Packard wings are larger rooms with kitchens and toilets in the new wing and are self catered. They are also only open to students who've been at Bruce Hall for 3 years or more, so don't bother applying . Just apply for the single room.

if i apply for accomodation and is successful but if i don't get into the course, what would happen to my application?
    You ring up and cancel? I only had to pay my deposit after offers were released.

and on the accomodation booklet there's a registration fee of about $180, when do you have to pay that? If you apply for more than 1 hall, would you have to pay the registration fee of all of the halls?
    Only the hall that you get in to. Also, I payed my deposit after offers were released, less than a week after.
    Last edited by neo o; 10 Sep 2005 at 5:40 PM.
    Ex-troll, ex-big time BoSer, ex-solicitor, current angryish, olderish guy shouting rude things at young kids.

HSC
    Thanks neo, appreciate it.

pamplemousse
    HSC
    Quote Originally Posted by neo_o
    Packard wings are larger rooms with kitchens and toilets in the new wing and are self catered. They are also only open to students who've been at Bruce Hall for 3 years or more, so don't bother applying . Just apply for the single room.

You ring up and cancel? I only had to pay my deposit after offers were released.

Only the hall that you get in to. Also, I payed my deposit after offers were released, less than a week after.
    ah wonderful I applied for the packard wing thing. -_________-

HSC
    You can change your application, details should have been there when you applied/you can do it by signing in and checking the status - i can't remember exactly.
    Unless otherwise specified all views expressed are my own.

Cadet
    HSC

Deferring and Accom?

Hey everyone,

Having just done HSC, with post-uai uni pref changes ... thinking of anu
    just wondering, if i am deferring for a year (2006), do i need to apply for accomodation NOW, or later next year?

cheers,
    will

HSC
    N/A

Unhappy looking for accomodation

Hello,
    I applied for accomodation, actually I had some problems with creditcard payments so I couldn't apply for accomodation before and now.......everything appears fully booked!!!!!!!!!there are some places at Burgmann but nothing certain, the application dituation is: Academic offer accepted
    where do you suggest me to look for accomodation???where should I rent a room?(this was supposed to be my first experience in campus.... :-( !!)

, now also hated by Jews! Wolfowitz's Avatar
    HSC
    I don't know what everyone is talking about when they say they're ready to move in. According to the ANU"s Student Residence website:

Quote Originally Posted by http://accom.anu.edu.au/Accomm/Halls/Halls.php#accepted
    When will I know if I am accepted ?

* New domestic students will be sent an offer of accommodation after they have received an academic offer to study at ANU, this will be from mid-January 2006 onwards
    * New international students will be sent an offer of accommodation after they have accepted their academic offer.

This means that most international students will need to pay their course fee deposit before they can confirm their accommodation.
    Accommodation offers will begin from 1 November and will be sent via email to students as they accept their academic offers.

It is very important for international students to accept their academic offers early. This usually involves paying your course fee deposit. The earlier you accept your academic offer, the earlier we can confirm your accommodation. Students who accept their academic offer late may not be guaranteed accommodation.
    I suppose when it says "Academic offer accepted" it must mean they're considering your UAI and details against others.

HSC
    Don't forget the 1st year accommodation promise.

And comparing UAI's against you to others? Maybe for a uni place itself, but not for accommodation.

HSC
    They do. I rang up the uni today.
    They consider those with higher UAI's to be "a gift horse" to the uni. Why turn it down?

HSC
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfowitz
    They consider those with higher UAI's to be "a gift horse" to the uni. Why turn it down?
    ehm....what does it mean?????
    higher UAI's??????
    gift horse??????
    sorry...my knowledge of english is not really good!!!!

HSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedalia
    ehm....what does it mean?????
    higher UAI's??????
    gift horse??????
    sorry...my knowledge of english is not really good!!!!
    Ahh, you're the Italian girl; ce? Have you got an offer yet? If so, you should ring the university accomodation hotline. If not, you should ring the university accomodation hotline.

I wish I could give the number...it's just that I've got to go to work now.

HSC
    So you're telling me that people without UAIs (it's true; 10 for the HSC, 8 for the exams because I didn't do the optional IT one.) are considered last?

Glad they have the accommodation guarantee for first years, otherwise while I might be a student at ANU, I'd have no where to stay.

HSC
    N/A
    Ahh, you're the Italian girl; ce? Have you got an offer yet? If so, you should ring the university accomodation hotline. If not, you should ring the university accomodation hotline.

I wish I could give the number...it's just that I've got to go to work now.
    ehm...yes...it's me :rofl:
    well what happened was....
    I recieved the offer letter, i confirmed and gave them credit card details, I've been told they would proced it within tuesday but i recieved nothing 'till wensday so i calle the admission office but they told me 4 numbers were missing from the credit card details, so i gave them the numbers again but they didn't procede it before Xmas holidays so I had to wait, I called back the 3rd of January the fees office which told me everything was fine and that they proceded the payment the last afternoon and that i should have recieved the CoE, since I hadn't recieved the CoE I called the admissions office but to them the payment couldn't go trough so i gave them others creditcards numbers and finally they could proceed with the payment. So I applied for an accomodation and i recieved a mail sayng that i had to pay the first fee before applying for accomodation i called the accomodation office told them I already payed and that to confirm it i could send them the CoE. So finally my application for a room was proceded but I recieved a letter sayng that accomodations for post grad are running out and that I'd better try to find accomodation outside campus and they gave me some addresses....now when I check my accomodation statement it says Burgmann College (which was my first choice but anyway Bruce, which was my second choice has no rooms already and so many others) academic offer accepted....
    The accomodation office told me i should wait 'till January 20th but by that date every accomodation will be full!!!should I keep calling???Which, by my own experience was the only way I could get applications and payments go through?

HSC
    Keep ringing. Keep ringing. KEEP RINGING!

Badgering a uni never hurt anyone - but the uni :P.

If you keep calling, they'll have to let you in.

HSC
    N/A

Unhappy

Keep ringing. Keep ringing. KEEP RINGING!

Badgering a uni never hurt anyone - but the uni :P.

If you keep calling, they'll have to let you in.
    hi...I just called....
    Bruce is full, same Burgmann and graduate house....
    what's better Fenner Hall, Burton&Garran, Toad Hall or....live outside campus in a share flat????

HSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedalia
    hi...I just called....
    Bruce is full, same Burgmann and graduate house....
    what's better Fenner Hall, Burton&Garran, Toad Hall or....live outside campus in a share flat????
    Fenner IS off campus. Toad Hall is post-graduates only and is in a different part of the campus to all the other colleges, so it'd be quiet if you like that kind of thing. B&G is probably the best.
    Ex-troll, ex-big time BoSer, ex-solicitor, current angryish, olderish guy shouting rude things at young kids.

HSC
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by neo_o
    Fenner IS off campus. Toad Hall is post-graduates only and is in a different part of the campus to all the other colleges, so it'd be quiet if you like that kind of thing. B&G is probably the best.
    So you suggest me anyway to live in the campus rather then in a share flat in town...

HSC
    Seeing as you're an international student campuss accomodation is definantly the best bet it means that you'll get to know heaps more people far quicker and means you'll get into the whole 'uni-life' here much quicker/better. Afterall part of the interest in uni here is in experiencing campuss life and living on campuss is the best way to do that.

Out of Fenner, Toad and B&G I would rule out Toad straight away and probably tip Fenner as the best bet as it has a high proportion of: international, (visual/performance/etc) arts students and postgrads. It's abit quiter than B&G which is a more 'keg party' hall.

HSC
    N/A

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by loquasagacious
    Seeing as you're an international student campuss accomodation is definantly the best bet it means that you'll get to know heaps more people far quicker and means you'll get into the whole 'uni-life' here much quicker/better. Afterall part of the interest in uni here is in experiencing campuss life and living on campuss is the best way to do that.

Out of Fenner, Toad and B&G I would rule out Toad straight away and probably tip Fenner as the best bet as it has a high proportion of: international, (visual/performance/etc) arts students and postgrads. It's abit quiter than B&G which is a more 'keg party' hall.
    thank you for your suggestions...
    I already changed my preferences into b&g toad and fenner...hope someone of those will let me in!!!!!

HSC
    Good luck.

If you don't get in though it not the end of the world or anything there's LOTS of share accomodation around and a couple of non-uni 'campus accomodation-like' places around.

HSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Slide Rule
    BTW: Fenner is better than B&G. Heh heh.
    That's a pretty strong opinion to have before even coming down here. Fenner has heaps of asian internationals. Most asian internationals keep to themselves.

HSC
    A bad joke made worse by confusing B&G with Burgmann. Oops!
    Last edited by Slidey; 10 Jan 2006 at 2:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jezzmo
    Slidey said sydney but sandy said snog. Slidey said friday, but freddie said pieday. Slidey said tomorrow, a day can I borrow? Slidey says yes and will be beautifully dressed.
    If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

HSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Slide Rule
    A bad joke made worse by confusing B&G with Burgmann. Oops!
    I've done that too

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information