Helpp please..getting into ANU next year!! (1 Viewer)

iheart1

HSC
I have an ATAR of around 98 from 2012, i have done one semester of uni only (sem 1 2014), with a low WAM of 69.25
I am in Paris currently but really want to apply toANU for next year.Will I be judged on ATAR, WAM or both? Hoping i WILL GET in
I wanted to apply for medical science.
Thanks

shiftexcitement

HSC
N/A
I spoke to the admissions office about this when I was applying and they said that whatever your most recent tertiary studies are what you are judged on. I completed an Advanced Diploma and got assigned a lower ATAR (by ANU) than when I graduated school haha.

That said I'm pretty sure a WAM of 69 is enough to get in, depending on the course. If you REALLY want to get in, contact the staff in whatever college your degree is done through. Be pushy, show commitment. There's no space on your UAC application for any sort of 'letter of consideration' and apart from the engineering department ANU doesn't have any standardised forms that I know of. I'd be shocked if there weren't people that have pull in terms of admissions though, so if I were you I'd apply, hope 69 is good enough but also do some pushing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)