Did Anyone get an offer today? (1 Viewer)

madijd

HSC
I didnt get one by does ANU make many early offers?

Rockmelt

HSC
Was hoping for an ANU one- ATAR was 5 points above last years cut-off, but nope.

Not sure whether to keep it as my first preference now.

noctua

HSC
This is just eligibility offers right?

madijd

HSC
Was hoping for an ANU one- ATAR was 5 points above last years cut-off, but nope.

yep my cut-off is 80 so I was hoping for one but no luck!! Plus some colleges won't release offers until you're enrolled which doesn't leave a lot of time :( Its hard being so last minute, especially cause I'm coming down from sydney!

CTon

HSC
http://www.anu.edu.au/news/all-news/anu-makes-1640-early-round-offers

1600 early offers. Article implies the early offer round was mainly for ACT students with 600 offers being given to locals. Being a local, most of my friends who are going to ANU and myself got our early offers.

ANU is getting pretty big on flexible double degrees with over 50% of the undergraduate students at ANU doing one. Maybe your first preference had to be one of those or something if you weren't from the ACT. I don't know. Early round offers have always seemed a little random.

madijd

HSC
http://www.anu.edu.au/news/all-news/anu-makes-1640-early-round-offers

1600 early offers. Article implies the early offer round was mainly for ACT students with 600 offers being given to locals. Being a local, most of my friends who are going to ANU and myself got our early offers.

ANU is getting pretty big on flexible double degrees with over 50% of the undergraduate students at ANU doing one. Maybe your first preference had to be one of those or something if you weren't from the ACT. I don't know. Early round offers have always seemed a little random.
My first preference is a double flexible degree! The atar cut-off is 80 for what I want and my atar is over 98! Should i be worried that I won't receive an offer in the main round?

CTon

HSC
My first preference is a double flexible degree! The atar cut-off is 80 for what I want and my atar is over 98! Should i be worried that I won't receive an offer in the main round?
I was making suggestions as to the reasons why. I don't think it is that though. Early Round offers seem rather random. You really don't have anything to worry about though. A CT article appeared after I posted and it suggests that the January early offer round from ANU was only for students from ACT, Equity programs or alternative entry pathways.

simcityguy

HSC
N/A
Isn't this round only for the people who entered the school recommendation scheme? from looking at http://www.uac.edu.au/undergraduate/offers/rounds/early.shtml and http://www.uac.edu.au/undergraduate/offers/rounds/main.shtml I can ascertain that the reason you didn't get an offer is because you didn't apply for SRS early entry. The main offer round is on the 21st of this month at 6 in the afternoon. I wouldn't stress about it :) You should get an offer in that round, just by seeing your awesome ATAR.

Elizzy19

HSC
Uni Grad

If it's the course you want most leave it as number 1. If you want something else more than change it. You won't miss out on a place simply because it's not your first preference. Someone who has a course as number 1 and someone who has it at number 9 and missed out on their other 8 preferences would be considered equally if they have the same ATAR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)