Law at ANU 2016 (1 Viewer)

Meccaman

HSC
Hi, my ATAR is currently going to be around high 92 to low 93 according to atar calculators. On the anu law website, it says the cutoff for law is 97, but my friend told me that u can get 5 bonus points from advanced english alone if u get band 6 (which i did), is this true? Also, if the above is true, how would double degrees work in terms of the ATAR cutoff, would it be different than just a law degree by itself ? thanks

b0b101

Pharaoh
HSC
Hi, my ATAR is currently going to be around high 92 to low 93 according to atar calculators. On the anu law website, it says the cutoff for law is 97, but my friend told me that u can get 5 bonus points from advanced english alone if u get band 6 (which i did), is this true? Also, if the above is true, how would double degrees work in terms of the ATAR cutoff, would it be different than just a law degree by itself ? thanks
Firstly see here -> http://www.anu.edu.au/study/apply/academic-bonus-points and read
Academic bonus points are only awarded to domestic students who:
  • Apply for admission through UAC
  • Apply for an ANU Bachelor degree or Flexible Double Degree with an entry requirement of 97.00 or lower
  • Have not previously attempted tertiary study
  • Achieve an ATAR of at least 70.00 or higher
however

read further down and it says

Please note: Bonus points do not apply to programs with an ATAR requirement of 98.00 or higher.
so i'd recommend calling them up and asking.

Soz not soz for not helping???
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Meccaman

HSC
wot
but law's cutoff is 97 so that 98 thing doesnt apply right? and since it doesnt, is all that u have to do is get a band 6 in english? cos ill be very happy if so meaning that i can get into law since 93 + 5 = 98 selection atar into law

b0b101

Pharaoh
HSC
wot
but law's cutoff is 97 so that 98 thing doesn't apply right? and since it doesn't, is all that u have to do is get a band 6 in english? cos ill be very happy if so meaning that i can get into law since 93 + 5 = 98 selection atar into law
call this (1800602034) number, press 1 when it asks and then post results...
also you only need a b5 in english

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)