is canberra really a hole? and boring? (1 Viewer)

Tao~te

HSC
is it true that in canberra findin a person or seein a human being on the street is like seeing a movie star? cos its 'population' is SO LOW? any asians there?

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Tao~te said:
is it true that in canberra findin a person or seein a human being on the street is like seeing a movie star? cos its 'population' is SO LOW? any asians there?
1) Asians are everywhere. While there are less in Canberra, I'm sure you'll be able to ostracise yourself from everyone else without much difficulty, you may see more people from other ethnic backgrounds than at unsw though (if that bothers you, you may have a problem).

2) From memory there are about 400,000 people in Canberra, including a hell of a lot of university students, it isn't a country town though I imagine the clubbing scene wouldn't be as strong in Canberra as it is in Sydney.

Bolkonski

Brother Angry Dave
HSC
I propose that the people who suggest that Canberra is a hole have no real imagination or any real character.
A place is only as good as you make it. So it all depends how much you try.
Why is the world convinced that biggest is best?

Canberra population: 350, 000.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Someone want to write up a short brief summary of the nightlife in Canberra? :p

mack

Banned
HSC
These are the nightclubs I know about:

Insomnia Nightclub
Canberra Labour Club
In Blue
Club Asmara
Bobby McGee's At Rydges Lakeside Canberra
En Vogue
Interchange Bar And Nightclub
Gypsy Bar
Platform 3

You're 18 arent you Ziff?

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Since October I've been 18.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Bolkonski said:
I propose that the people who suggest that Canberra is a hole have no real imagination or any real character.
A place is only as good as you make it. So it all depends how much you try.
Why is the world convinced that biggest is best?

Canberra population: 350, 000.
To these people less asians = hole.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
I mean I think unsw people hardly ever have sex mainly cos there is so much to do.
This is probably because most need daddy's or mummy's permission to see someone of the opposite gender. :uhhuh:

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
canberra to me looks a bit sterile. im sure if you lived there and knew your way around it would be alright.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
UNSW people sound crap. USYD people sound better than UNSW :p I bet USYD people can have fun, the ones I know can :p I'm sure that's because of the illustrious high school they went to ;)

Still... Canberra, Sex, Parliament House... can't see anything wrong with that!

Bolkonski

Brother Angry Dave
HSC
Keep to your own boards Asq. ;)

Hmmm.. I'm sure if people got themselves out of their own preverbial holes (interpret yourself) and talked about something other than sex or the nightlife (which is what guys say instead of sex), then you might just appreciate Canberra for other, more worthy things.

If you want to know these things.. I would be more than pleased to divulge.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Please don't imply that sex isn't worthwhile, it just makes you loose cred. :p Canberra has a decent metal scene though, I'll be going down for MFTB at the university of canberra in jan :)

Actually, I check their site, it's 5th of Feb this year, looks like I'll be around by then anyway. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
Tao~te said:
argh here we go another santaslayer
I'm asian, there are 50 000 ppl in my town, if I coped with it you can with 400 000 in canberra, that's 8 x
get over it, integrate already, idiot, or else go to UNSW

Bolkonski

Brother Angry Dave
HSC
Oh, but I am implying that. Rather I am saying that (in the context of things to do in Canberra - I have no problem with sex (just how it is used) ). But as this thread is about Canberra, I shalln't swerve the topic onto that.

Yes, for one, Canberra has a healthy Jazz scene, and no I am not talking about your Dj's spinning music with trumpets somewhere in the background, but actual Jazz. Public servants need an outlet somewhere.

For a photographer (hobbiest or advanced) you can get some great shots in, and there are many places you can catch free galleries for inspiration.

Drama scene is good, with good local productions (I hear).

Resturants are awesome.

Cafes rock, simply put.

Bus system is easy to handle, and if right buses are caught, can get you places extremely quickly, as Sydney people will be amazed.

Great sporting scene, for whatever sport.

Awesome out of uni hours academic scene... cafes often go for the poetry reading...

FANTASTIC second hand book shops. I know of at least 4 of the best I have ever been to. One in particular houses awesome leather bounds with thousands of first editions, and collectables...

yeah.... i'll stop here.. but if anyone wants to know about any other type of scene, I'll be glad to assisst.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Bookstores, jazz and drama are all good :cool:

SO IS SNOWBOARDING ON WEEKENDS. w00T! :p

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
Bolkonski said:
Oh, but I am implying that. Rather I am saying that (in the context of things to do in Canberra - I have no problem with sex (just how it is used) ). But as this thread is about Canberra, I shalln't swerve the topic onto that.

Yes, for one, Canberra has a healthy Jazz scene, and no I am not talking about your Dj's spinning music with trumpets somewhere in the background, but actual Jazz. Public servants need an outlet somewhere.

For a photographer (hobbiest or advanced) you can get some great shots in, and there are many places you can catch free galleries for inspiration.

Drama scene is good, with good local productions (I hear).

Resturants are awesome.

Cafes rock, simply put.

Bus system is easy to handle, and if right buses are caught, can get you places extremely quickly, as Sydney people will be amazed.

Great sporting scene, for whatever sport.

Awesome out of uni hours academic scene... cafes often go for the poetry reading...

FANTASTIC second hand book shops. I know of at least 4 of the best I have ever been to. One in particular houses awesome leather bounds with thousands of first editions, and collectables...

yeah.... i'll stop here.. but if anyone wants to know about any other type of scene, I'll be glad to assisst.
apparently the bar in ANU is good, cheap beer
just quoting second hand info
god damn it I'm still 16, how sad is that

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Are you a beer drinker cherry? :)

*Respect goes up*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)