5UAI points??? (1 Viewer)

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC

Hey does anyone know if ANU offers the bonus 5 UAI points if u come from a regional area??? I've been trying to find out on their website and haven't been able to find any information on it...

thanks mel

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
NEWSFLASH

ANU is regional, therefore I doubt it.

END NEWSFLASH

Bolkonski

Brother Angry Dave
HSC
I was from Bathurst.. I didn't get it. But then again... I hardly needed it.

Umm... I don't think they do anymore. But I know they are fairly leniant with entrance. I know people who got into law who were below uai cut off...

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
They're giving five bonus points to students who study IT at ANU...

maverick180

HSC
canberra unis no longer have rural status, so the 5 bonus don't apply because you are not a rural student staying with a rural uni.

smallcattle

HSC
Lazarus said:
They're giving five bonus points to students who study IT at ANU...
where can i find this info?? and does it apply to anyone who applies for BIT in ANU??

tWiStEdD

deity of ultimate reason
HSC
whoops.
i'm kinda banking on those extra marks....
my careers adviser told me that they give it to you if your UAI is >70, because they're nice and love country people.
if things change, i'll have to change my sig....

i got 93.65 (if i had the resources i could have gotten high nineties.. grrrr) the cutoff was 95.5 or something for ANU law last year.... so what the hell are my chances now?

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
tWiStEdD said:
whoops.
i'm kinda banking on those extra marks....
my careers adviser told me that they give it to you if your UAI is >70, because they're nice and love country people.
if things change, i'll have to change my sig....

i got 93.65 (if i had the resources i could have gotten high nineties.. grrrr) the cutoff was 95.5 or something for ANU law last year.... so what the hell are my chances now?
it was 95.0 last year
with EAS they unofficially add 5 pts to your UAI if they think you're worth it - you get individual consideration....you don't automatically get it for a > 70 UAI
two ppl on this board got 91 something and the other 94.85, former has ACCESS...so..hmm, cross your fingers and hope for the best.

Last edited:

tWiStEdD

deity of ultimate reason
HSC
is it just me, or did you not answer my question?
:p
seems to me that you're saying that, based on past results, i should easily be in there given that i am 1.35 UAI points off last years cutoff and will get my unoffical 5 points.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
tWiStEdD said:
is it just me, or did you not answer my question?
:p
seems to me that you're saying that, based on past results, i should easily be in there given that i am 1.35 UAI points off last years cutoff and will get my unoffical 5 points.
oh sorry it's just I'm not really qualified to answer it
but you have to remember the criteria for access varies and some people could be more eligible than you

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
smallcattle said:
where can i find this info?? and does it apply to anyone who applies for BIT in ANU??
It was advertised in our newsletter (which you should have received via email). :)

Here's the ad:

IT Update - bonus UAI points available for IT at ANU

Now is the time to study IT and The Australian National University is the place to go.

Industry trends show there will be a shortage of skilled IT professionals by the end of the decade. From next year demand will outstrip supply of IT graduates, so if you think you've got what it takes for a career in IT now is the time to enrol.

ANU has consistently been ranked Australia's best university*. Our excellent reputation gives graduates the edge, and our location in Canberra, the growing IT hub of Australia, means you're close to the action.

There's never been a better time or place to study IT, and with ANU offering up to five UAI bonus points for maths, you have an even greater opportunity to study at Australia's best University.

To find out more visit: http://feit.anu.edu.au/it OR email it@anu.edu.au

* The Institute of Higher Education at Shanghai Jiao Tong University, The Times Higher Education Supplement in the UK and even the Melbourne Institute have all found that ANU is Australia's number one. An independent review of ANU has seen 44 per cent of assessors rank the University in the top 25 in the world.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
mack said:
The other who got 94.85 was I. I think I'm eligible for EAS, shame I didn't apply for it in time.....
Yeah. I too am regreting this action, or lack there of.

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
what's EAS?
(i think i've figured out what the 'S' stands for, it's the 'E' and the 'A' that gets me...)

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
education access maybe?

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
thank youuuuu
does it just give you 5 extra points towards your uai if you applied for it in time (unlike mack and iron woman)?

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
Crikket said:
thank youuuuu
does it just give you 5 extra points towards your uai if you applied for it in time (unlike mack and iron woman)?
noooo
read my previous post
there are heaps of criteria...and they might find you ineligible, and for some high demand courses it might be only 1 pt...gah, too tired to explain, jago bugging me on msn :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)