f*ckers didn't let me in (1 Viewer)

chelloveck

i'm feeling fat and sassy
fenner hall. perving on mcdickpants across the roa
HSC
so i got 84.95...as close as physically possible to getting into anu without getting in (current cut off = 85). anyway, i'm really distraut about it and want to know if anyone else knows if it is at all possible for me to get in somehow with this mark...besides like full fee paying and that kinda thing. anyone have or heard of any similar experiences?

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
Sorry to hear it. I know they made a note in the UAC guide that law applicants below the cut off should send a letter outlining their english proficiency, so depending on your degree you might still have a chance. If it's a science one for example, have you got good science marks that you could weasle your way in with?

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
I'm not sure if the ANU offers fee paying places.

Write to them and beg. Go in person and beg - if necassery fellate.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
chelloveck said:
so i got 84.95...as close as physically possible to getting into anu without getting in (current cut off = 85). anyway, i'm really distraut about it and want to know if anyone else knows if it is at all possible for me to get in somehow with this mark...besides like full fee paying and that kinda thing. anyone have or heard of any similar experiences?
OH NOES!!!!!!!!!11

Blackalicious

HSC
Write a letter to the Asian studies/arts faculties and state the reasons why you want to do the course. Then as addymac said go in person and beg.
The worst that could happen is you transfer after a semester on a credit/pass average. Keep ya chin up :)

Afurotsu

HSC
N/A
Yup, I got into I.T. with 82.20 by telling them all about my great work with H.S.C. I.T. and S.D.D. and so forth...

tWiStEdD

deity of ultimate reason
HSC
i just got in.
i had access points tho. yay.
there's 101 ways to get in without goin in the front door.

heyyawatever

Watch this space
HSC
The title of this thread leaves little to the imagination.

How about hard work and determination will get you wherever you want. But oh, studying and knuckling down could not have had anything to do with that, could they? :rolleyes:

Blackalicious

HSC
Did you read his post?
Just because he was 0.05 below the cutoff does not mean he didnt "study hard and knuckle down"

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Sadly, universities have to set a cut-off somewhere and no matter where they set it someone will always miss out by 0.05. Some universities, are, however more lenient in allowing people in under the cut off than others, but that all depends on many other factors. UOW has early entry schemes and reduce the UAI needed for locals by 3 points, UNCLE has a similar scheme (though these have to be applied for or applied for before the main round).

What course were you looking at doing anyway?

Of course, at this stage, it's going to be pretty hard or even nigh impossible to get into a different course unless you find a course which still has vacencies and apply for it in the late and final rounds.

chelloveck

HSC
gemita, thanks. got 86 in bio...so i guess that's alright. but i did this student research scheme with the CSIRO, so i can use that.

addymac, thank you, never thought about fellatio.

twisted, what are some of the 101 ways? i'd really apprecitate it if you had some advice.

heyyawhatever, that was kinda rude. i actually struggle with school and put in a whole lot of work and effort. for me, 84.95 was very good. just try and be a little less presumptuous in future or you might offend someone.

blackalicious, thanks :)

ziff, i was gunna do arts/asian studies but now i'm trying to get into science cause it has vacancies. oh and that 'people will miss out by 0.05 every year', that has occurred to me.

but that begging stuff is no good to all the offers have finished. i rang up this girl in admissions and she said don't bother till after cause they have to know how many they've got.

heyyawatever

Watch this space
HSC
Blackalicious said:
Did you read his post?
Just because he was 0.05 below the cutoff does not mean he didnt "study hard and knuckle down"

These things happen for a reason. Shame that.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
unfortunatly, like ziff said, people will always miss out my 0.05, its how the world works. My question is, why didn't your have more than 1 pref? You always need backups...

Ziff

HSC
N/A
chelloveck said:
gemita, thanks. got 86 in bio...so i guess that's alright. but i did this student research scheme with the CSIRO, so i can use that.

addymac, thank you, never thought about fellatio.

twisted, what are some of the 101 ways? i'd really apprecitate it if you had some advice.

heyyawhatever, that was kinda rude. i actually struggle with school and put in a whole lot of work and effort. for me, 84.95 was very good. just try and be a little less presumptuous in future or you might offend someone.

blackalicious, thanks :)

ziff, i was gunna do arts/asian studies but now i'm trying to get into science cause it has vacancies. oh and that 'people will miss out by 0.05 every year', that has occurred to me.

but that begging stuff is no good to all the offers have finished. i rang up this girl in admissions and she said don't bother till after cause they have to know how many they've got.
I meant that people will always miss out by 0.05. If the cut-off is at 99.60 or if it's at 52.00 :p

chelloveck

HSC
mm hm. and i said that had occured to me...that i was one of many.

but white rabbit, i did. i put uws and i've got in there. but i don't want to go to uws. i stupidly didn't put usyd or new south down becuase last year the cut offs were around 86, so i thought i wouldn't get in and uws was my only other option. turns out i would've got into usyd and new south for first round offers. but oh well, i'm just waiting for second round offers now.

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Afurotsu said:
Yup, I got into I.T. with 82.20 by telling them all about my great work with H.S.C. I.T. and S.D.D. and so forth...
Great work...pfft. Bludger.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Thats why you pick courses you want, not based on your UAI, and have back ups that are below your UAI just in case.

Afurotsu

HSC
N/A
The Engineering and Information Technology faculty was looking for more students, so they were offering up to five bonus points for your maths results, and up to five bonus points for other considerations - so TEN altogether :eek:.

All I did was contact the Executive Officer and he arranged the bonus points for me.

I believe you can get up to five bonus points for Asian Studies too if you did an Asian language as part of your H.S.C, and the Law faculty would take special consideration if you sent them a letter or something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)