When to move to the Gong (1 Viewer)

Bone577

HSC
N/A
What date would be wise to move into campus? Would 13th of Febuary be wise, so as to coincide with the start of O-Week?

What date are other people moving in?

flynn

SHIT

I don't live in Australia but i'm a HECS student and I am not going to arrive in Australia and wollongong until the THIRTEENTH - but now i find out that enrolment is on the FOURTH for my course and i cant even get my grandparents to enrol for me because the law states that you must enrol in person for HECS.

I NEVER saw anything before about an enrolment day before O Week, it seems stupid to me...they've got people coming in 10 days before O week just to spend 2 hours enrolling. bloody hell.

Bone577

HSC
N/A
flynnx said:
SHIT

I don't live in Australia but i'm a HECS student and I am not going to arrive in Australia and wollongong until the THIRTEENTH - but now i find out that enrolment is on the FOURTH for my course and i cant even get my grandparents to enrol for me because the law states that you must enrol in person for HECS.

I NEVER saw anything before about an enrolment day before O Week, it seems stupid to me...they've got people coming in 10 days before O week just to spend 2 hours enrolling. bloody hell.

That seems quite a predicament. I am unaware whether or not you will be able to ask them to allow you to skip enrolment. Best bet is definitely to call up the University and ask whoever you can for help. I wouldn't be surprised if people high up in the decision making process would make special concessions.

flynn

okay i've found out you can do a late enrolment on the 15th, but there will be a limited range of subjects left to choose from :(

Gretzky99

HSC
N/A
I'm moving in on the 11th of February, as that is when my flight gets in...

Gretzky99

HSC
N/A
AS I read it the first date an international student can enroll in classes is the 14th of February, or the 15th. One of those days. Should not be too bad as I am taking a Master's Degree so the courses are pretty specific and would probably not fill up, but who knows, could get absolutly screwed....

flynn

yeah

i'im not an international student
but i can do a late enrolment on the fifteenth

the guy at the uni said that i wouldn't have any problems getting subjects or whatever fro what i want to do - biotechnology, but he said stuff like economics does fill up.

Gomer

HSC
I'm travelling down on the 3rd, and moving in with my sister until i get a spot for on-campus accommodation. :(

-- Gomer

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
I think I'm moving in on the fourteenth. I'll miss the first few days of o-week, but I don't think those days are really relevant to me anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)