Timetable.ANU (1 Viewer)

Afurotsu

HSC
N/A
Hello there,

I've been trying out the timetable builder at <a href>http:\\timetable.anu.edu.au\</a> but I seriously don't get it. It shoots out all these dates and times at you, and it's really pissing me off.

It lists things such as Tutorial A Group 1, etc. Am I meant to go to Tut/Lec A, B, and C, or just one?

Cheers!
Afurotsu. :confused:

Last edited:

Ribbon

Afurotsu said:
Hello there,

I've been trying out the timetable builder at <a href>http:\\timetable.anu.edu.au\</a> but I seriously don't get it. It shoots out all these dates and times at you, and it's really pissing me off.

It lists things such as Tutorial A Group 1, etc. Am I meant to go to Tut/Lec A, B, and C, or just one?

Cheers!
Afurotsu. :confused:
OK heres the rules

When it says Lecture A, Lecture B, Lecture C you need to go to one of each lecture A, B & C

When it says tutorial group A, B ect. you only need to go to one group. If there is more than one tutorial for each group (eg two tutorials for tutorial group a) you need to go to both (eg, every tutorial listed for your chosen group)

Where it says lecture group 1, 2, 3 ect. you need to pick a lecture group (only one) and go to every lecture listed for that group.

Where it has lecture, and later it has a lecture (repeat) you only need to go to one or the other. You may also get combos like Lecture group 1, Lecture A (repeat)

Also not all your tutorials are listed on the timetable. For most larger subjects (eg compuslary or popular) there are too many tutorial times to list on the timetable. You will get to pick a tutorial in the first week. Also, you need to sign up to tutorials, and participants are limited, so remember if there is a tutorial on your timetable you prefer, or if its the only one you can get into, find out how and what time tutorial enrollments open and make sure your there. all the Good tutorials times get filled usually within the first few hours of enrollments opening....

Afurotsu

HSC
N/A
Thank-you Ribbon! :)

Would you advise that I print out a timetable for enrolment day, or should I just let everything take care of itself on the day?

Ribbon

You dont really need your timetable until week 1 of semester, because during enrollment/ o-week there are no classes. If you can't remember the course codes of your electives then i guess you could bring it for a reference, but its not really nessary at all.

Paroissien

HSC
Do they give us a timetable, or is it our responsibility?

Ribbon

you have to go to timetable.anu.edu.au and figure it out. You need to know your course codes to do it.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Some courses the handbook says are available first sem don't seem to be appearing, neither do any tutes.

Ribbon

Ribbon said:
Also not all your tutorials are listed on the timetable. For most larger subjects (eg compuslary or popular) there are too many tutorial times to list on the timetable. You will get to pick a tutorial in the first week. Also, you need to sign up to tutorials, and participants are limited, so remember if there is a tutorial on your timetable you prefer, or if its the only one you can get into, find out how and what time tutorial enrollments open and make sure your there. all the Good tutorials times get filled usually within the first few hours of enrollments opening....
as for the courses, when i say course code i should have said subject code. you search by your 4 subjects, nt the course itself, because every person doing the same course can pick diff electives ect

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
addymac said:
Some courses the handbook says are available first sem don't seem to be appearing, neither do any tutes.
Playing with the timetable builder now it shows up as being DRAFT timetabler version 0.55.

I wouldn't get too worried about what's in it just yet.

Ribbon

Yeah its stays as a draft for ages. Mostly it doesnt change a whole lot from what it is now, but they have a pretty smart system that after uni begins and everyone has enrolled in their classes, looks at whos doing what classes and if there are alot of people that have a timetable clash some stuff gets moved. I have heard of classes getting moved as late as wekk 2 or 3 of semester, but I think mostly it doesnt change a whole lot. I like playing around with it early to let my work know what shifts I can do, and cos its just kinda fun :D

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Lol I'm not knocking that, hell I've been playing around with it, I'm just saying to bear in mind that its not the final picture there is no need to commit ritual suicide.

rumour

HSC
Am I the only one who has had problems with this?

I can only get one subject on my timetable!!!!!!!

It won't let me put more than one subject in my "shopping bag".

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Are you holding down the ctrl key (or the apple key if on a mac) as you click new subjects?

If so does the ctrl/apple key work at all?

ByrnEsy

HSC
heres a question. on a few occasions in my timetable ive got 2 or 3 lectures or tutes right after one another, is there usually plenty of time to get from a different building to the next lecture or tute without missing too much?

speake53

Yeah there would be plenty of time. I have the same thing with my subjects, but alot of them are in the same building so thats good. This is from the SEAP guide:

"If I take HIST!2090 in Manning Clark at 10am, can I still get to an 11am lecture in
LAWS!2201 in the Law Lecture Theatre?
The answer is YES!
Classes scheduled for an hour actually conclude after 50 minutes. This means a 10am
class begins at 10.05am and ends at 10.55am. You have 10 minutes to reach a class
that starts at 11am.
Below are some sample times between buildings:
Haydon-Allen to Physics 7 minutes
Law to Copland 10 minutes
Coombs to Physics 10 minutes
Law to Forestry 7 minutes"
Copland to Manning Clark Complex 3 minutes

Himezaki

Teh Train Ninja!
HSC
I see this 'seminar' thingy in my timetable which isn't a tutorial or a lecture...so do i take it as a lecture and show up anyway? and do i only have to show up on one of the seminars?

Thanks

alphatango

Resident Geek
HSC
N/A
speake53 said:
Classes scheduled for an hour actually conclude after 50 minutes. This means a 10am
class begins at 10.05am and ends at 10.55am. You have 10 minutes to reach a class
that starts at 11am.
That's the theory, anyway. Some, er, over-enthusiastic lecturers may need to be gently reminded. Or not-so-gently reminded...our class started walking out on one particular lecturer after our classes got progressively later and later until they finished at about 3 past the hour.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)