Monday 13 February
Day
Selling of O Week events tickets from 10am
BBQ in Union Court: 12noon-2pm
Members of the SA speaking
Entertainment all day
Official introductory lectures

Evening
Civic Safari: Enjoy a night on the town checking out some of Canberra’s most happening night spots. From 6pm in the Uni Bar.
(Start at Uni Bar and split between Shooters & ICBM 8-10pm with changeover, finish at Moose Groups will be split in two for this until Moose). Tickets are $15. $2 drinks at all locations

Tuesday 14 February
Day
Swimming Carnival: head to Civic pool for some fun in the sun. 11am-4pm. Entry cost of $5. Music all day.

Evening
School Disco – it’s “Back to School” at Academy from 8pm. $5 entry with $2 drinks all night.

Wednesday 15 February
Day
Market Day – School fete style with plenty of BBQs, food stalls, events focus and a jumping castle. Check out Club Go.
Politics in the Pub: Join federal and local Members for some lively debate. From 4pm-7pm.

Evening
Clubs and Societies Evening from 6pm.
LSS Pre-Toga Party
Burgmann College Toga Party
Free entry to Academy Foam Party after Toga Party

Thursday 16 February
Day
Competitions afternoon – get into teams made up of college friends, members of your club and society, sporting team, or just a group of uni friends for an afternoon of challenges.
Combined with intro to college sport.
ANU Comedy Club

Evening
Battle of the Bands from 5pm – Street Theatre
Band Night – ANU Uni Bar - Paul Mac and The Presets plus supports. $15 ANUSA tickets.

Friday 17 February
Day
Fantasy Island

Afternoon/Evening
Movies in Coombes Lecture Theatre with ANU Film Group. Food available. No alcohol. From 7pm.
Academy Club – Mark Dynamix $5 entry for ANU students until 11pm

This program is preliminary, and is subject to change. (Note if you bundle Civic Safari, Pool Day and Academy Night together $20 instead of $25)

Callistogenic

HSC
Joca, thanks for the program :)

One question though - where'd you find it? I thought I had searched entire ANU site today looking for it, so obviously you know something I don't. :p

Last edited:

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Wolfowitz said:
FUCKING LAME O-WE(A)K

Thanks for bearing the ~17's in mind.
Cunts.
College O-weeks are usually better, so don't worry. I know Bruce at least makes sure that there are some events for <18's.

joca187

HSC
Callistogenic said:
Joca, thanks for the program :)

One question though - where'd you find it? I thought I had searched entire ANU site today looking for it, so obviously you know something I don't. :p
Today was the first day I was allowed to release it, because things like Paul Mac were finalised. You won't find it on the ANU website, as some things are not quite finalised. The intention is to give people an idea of what will happen so they can prepare, unlike previous oweek's where you find out on the first day. Any questions that people have I'm happy to answer, or try to answer at least. This is the events program which is the social side, there will also be an official guide with introductory lectures, and faculty lectures for each course.

Last edited:

Enoch

ur a closet enoch-sexual!
HSC
wow that bar hopping on the first nite looks pretty sweet

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Enoch said:
wow that bar hopping on the first nite looks pretty sweet
Shooters is the Brokeback Mountain of Canberra's nightclubs :p

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Kudos on the timetable...

Oh and wolfowitz just go to college events - they didn't seem to check ID... besides there's still lots of <18s stuff going on run by the varying clubs and societies.

joca187

HSC
neo_o said:
Shooters is the Brokeback Mountain of Canberra's nightclubs :p
I think you're referring to Cube... Shooter's sponsors a number of the colleges including Ursies. Moose sponsors John's

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Yeah shooters is abit seedy (not nearly as say quattro) but not a brokeback mountain - I'd back cube for that name tag....

Oh and mooseheads is sponsoring the young libs this year as well.

Also I'm loving O-week this year because I can attend the festivities and still go to work as I work thursday-sun.... yay!

Wolfowitz

, now also hated by Jews!
HSC
OMG. I just read the line-up again...

Band Night – ANU Uni Bar - Paul Mac and The Presets plus supports. $15 ANUSA tickets.
HOERLGSDGSERIHDRNAWEUIOPWEHGPOWENGH9WERNGAWEOIGJHAE0GONIAWEGHQWEFG[QWN0RFGQWNF[QHRF[QWOHFQWOHFAOFHQWOFGHQW0FHQ20R8Y12T0123NT5`12835Y30N5912384Y

They are my most-favouritist band in the entire multiplex-solarsysti. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

You have my eternal love.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Hate to rain on the parade but I think the ANU bar is 18+..... though they might be lax.... or just borrow a mates/older siblings ID...

Glider05

HSC
hey Joca187, with the competitions on Thursday 16, what kind of games do they usually have?
And the list looks pretty good

joca187

HSC
Sorry to inform all that the presets are no longer playing, pulled the plug on Friday. Thursday afternoon games will involve (ANU approval permitting) tug of wars across Sullies Creek, lube slides, jelly wrestling and more.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
loquasagacious said:
Yeah shooters is abit seedy (not nearly as say quattro) but not a brokeback mountain - I'd back cube for that name tag....

Oh and mooseheads is sponsoring the young libs this year as well.

Also I'm loving O-week this year because I can attend the festivities and still go to work as I work thursday-sun.... yay!
You homophobes. I meant the Western theme. It's always gays, gays, gays with you people isn't it! :p

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
But thats what I'm talking about..... Cube has a western theme..... you certainly see more chaps (the pants) in there than in Shooters....

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Callistogenic said:
What's fantasy island? *confused*
It's where all your fantasies can come true... for a price.

joca187

HSC
Fantasy Island is an event run by the ANU Darts Club (actually rugby players), where they take you to an area next to the lake, and big party all day, endless alcohol, food etc., usually 400-500 ppl go, big event, but hasn't been endorsed by the students association because they see it as an excuse to drink excessively and not in keeping with their values.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)