First Years (1 Viewer)

Gummy_bear

HSC
Hi first years at university of newcastle.
Come on and post up what course you are doing and what campus you will be attending.
I thought it would be nice to see what everyone is doing at our uni.

Ill get the ball rolling: Bachelor of education (early childhood education) at ourimbah campus.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Attention all first years:

Some rules:
1) Do not take all the parking
2) Look up from your map occasionally so you don't walk into people
3) Revise your choice in fashion. Really, jeans, a tee and thongs are allllll you need.

If you feel the need to break any of the above rules, particularly 1 and 2, someone much bigger and older and badder than you may feel the need to hurt you.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
First year B.Comm @ Callaghan.

hipsta_jess said:
3) Revise your choice in fashion. Really, jeans, a tee and thongs are allllll you need.
Everybody seems to be sticking with that. The walk from Shortland to Hunter sides sees a sea of jean shorts and polos or t's. Hahahaha. But I follow suit, so I shouldnt complain. Not that this is a complaint, but more of an observation.

Gibbo69er

Poor Student
HSC
B Business at Callaghan.

Woo, I'm in the auchmuty library now waiting for 5pm till my Stat1050 intro lecture.

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
B Nutrition & Dietetics at Callaghan

I do believe that i have already missed a first lecture. Well, when someone says its not running then you generally think they have a reliable source. :s

HSC
lol. i really wanted b.comm! hopefully ill be there next year (doing BA for one year)...

hipsta_jess said:
what else would you wear?

rific

HSC
hipsta_jess said:
If you feel the need to break any of the above rules, particularly 1 and 2, someone much bigger and older and badder than you may feel the need to hurt you.
Now now, don't be that person. We have to play nice and be fair to the kids.

Seriously though, first years, I hope you wrote those rules down.

jgeo2000

HSC
B economics/ B Law
about the parking - first in first serve

geeze there are alot of you doing communications

Last edited:

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
Attention all first years:

Some rules:
1) Do not take all the parking
2) Look up from your map occasionally so you don't walk into people

I've caught the bus everyday, haven't looked at a map and haven't worn anything but that.

Oh yeah, B Engineering, Callaghan. Also, today I discovered that 6 - 8pm lectures are far better than the morning alternative.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
lourai*87 said:
...what fun 3 hours on the bus every day
FLIP GIRL! Where the heck do you live? Melbourne?

In on Central Coast, and it takes me 2 hours exactly from station to station. Which I use to my advantage.

Gummy_bear

HSC
Jeans? What about in summer, when its soooo hot. I wear a skirt or shorts so there :p

I have looked at my map once while walking, I always check where the class is before I get out ofthe car, so I dont look stoopid.

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
hipsta_jess said:

Is there any other type of clothing??? No really, is there??

That someone will be one of my many engineering friends... just make sure you piss them off before 9am so they can still see you to be able to hit you.

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
chill out jess, this is first year UNIVERSITY amongst (what is supposed to be) adults, not (which is the bit you seem confused about) high school

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)