Hows things?

em_516

bludging..
HSC
what's this 'blue message'? you've said it in other threads before too :s

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
"Hello user you havnt posted in a while. Please take the time to blah blah.... etc"

^mel^

HSC
I have a great way to avoid the blue message! I'm considering going to Newcastle uni, even though it would mean moving from Sydney.
Can you tell me anything about it? Good and bad points. I've watched too many Gilmore Girls eps and I'm making a pros cons list! lol.
I want to know the real deal about the uni instead of all the stuff on the website. All uni's have the same sort of things on their sites so it's hard to know which one's are better
Anyway if anyone could help me out, I could help you avoid a blue message.

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
I'm helping you ony because you've watched watched Gilmore Girls... now Rory... there is nothing more special about Newy than any other uni you have looked at........ your best bet is probably a day trip to Newy to check it out for yourself....

What are you looking at studying?

Once you have provided all of this information, maybe we could hold hands and skip afterwards....

Last edited:

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
PrincessSJ said:
What are you looking at studying?
Communications, I'm guessing.

PrincessSJ said:
... there is nothing more special about Newy than any other uni you have looked at...
Agreed. Except our parking situation has to be one of the worst. If I was always guaranteed a legal park SOMEWHERE on uni grounds, I'd be content.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
however, our parking is far far far less expensive than that of various sydney based unis.

Although, it took us ages to find a carpark today at 8:55am. We ended up parking in carkpark 8 (the bush carpark behind engineering) because the multi-storey, aviation, hunter and maths were all seemingly full and terribly congested.

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
I had to park in the mudpit last week (carpark 15, down past the squash courts and the weird industrial type building).... and some asshole ran into my driver side door.....

not happy! :(

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
The only reason I come to uni at 9am is to get a park. That wouldn't be so bad if the traffic wasn't a fucking joke. I had about 3 congested traffic parts on the way here this morning, the worst being the turn off on to university drive. It was up to 2 bridges before the turn off.

I only just got a park too.

</story>

em_516

bludging..
HSC
if you go early, the drive is so easy..yesterday i left home at 8.05 and got to uni at 8.20, it was so good..pretty sure anything after that is stupidly bad..yay for getting up early *cough*

edit: ha, forgot bos clock was wrong..so you got to uni at 9.35? that happens to me when i catch the bus..last week, i caught the 8.10 bus to make sure i'd DEFINITELY get to uni on time (the week before i caught the 8.30 bus and got to uni at 9.20) and didn't get to uni until 9.30..lovely..

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Yeah, it took me about an hour. If it's quiet, I can generally do it in around 15-20 mins.

I wouldnt come any earlier than I do, my first class on tues/wed is 11am and on thrusday is 10am, but if I come any later, I have zero chance of having all day parking within 30mins walk of the class.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
yeh, going to uni for 1pm is really shit..i have to on thursday's..last week was NOT cool :(

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
em_516 said:
yeh, going to uni for 1pm is really shit..i have to on thursday's..last week was NOT cool :(
Yesterday I skipped a 1hr lecture so I could come in for a 2pm class instead, which cut out 5hrs of my morning. The parking then wasn't too bad for me. I actually got a really good park, but then forgot where I parked after the lecture so walked heaps far anyway :(

I guess the major problem I have is that on tues/wed my last class finishes at 7pm, so if I come in at 9am I have 10hrs straight of being here with 1hr gaps dotted in between.

On that note, are you still going to be here from 4-6, emily?

em_516

bludging..
HSC
gross..why choose classes that finish at 7pm anyway?

when did i say i was there? haha..i'm meant to be there 11-1 today, but i'm not going because i'm at my mate's house and she's at work at the moment so i can't get a lift and it's like 10mins extra walking to get the bus and im lazy :D

i'm missing my beloved ling though :( oh well, i'll live

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
em_516 said:
gross..why choose classes that finish at 7pm anyway?

when did i say i was there? haha..i'm meant to be there 11-1 today, but i'm not going because i'm at my mate's house and she's at work at the moment so i can't get a lift and it's like 10mins extra walking to get the bus and im lazy :D

i'm missing my beloved ling though :( oh well, i'll live
They're lectures so I didn't really get to choose them. Easy course though, so I've skipped half the lectures so far.

Oh gay, I was hoping to have a date with you in my spare time.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
oh poop, we'll just have to carpool and make out in the carpark at 8.20

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)