will more 08 applicants increase uai by much? (1 Viewer)

locksophalanga

HSC
I read in the newcastle herald on thursday that the number of first preference applicants for newcastle is 200 more than last year maybe 2000 but that sounds a lot. Anyway does this mean that the uai cut-off for most courses will increase lots?

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
If anything it means it would be lower, because they can accept more people their standards will slip even more.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
newcatle university offered many more places this year (2007) than they had in previous years. It saw several degrees' drop in regards to their entry score (my degree (biomed) entry score dropped from around 93 to about 80.XX). If they offer more in 08 then it might drop again, if not, it could stay stable. It also depends on the QUALITY of applicants. An increase in applicants with UAIs around the 65-70 mark arent going to have a significant impact on most degrees. However, if for some strange region we have a surge of child prodigies applying then the entry scores will probably rise. Entry scores for 08 are pretty irrelevant to 07ers. It's my opinion that they're only published to give the '09ers an indication of what to strive for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)