Quick question about getting into engineering (1 Viewer)

slasher3689

HSC
Hey again everyone,

OK soIve applied through UAC to go do engineering (either mehatronics or electrical) and im just wondering about the requirements to get in.

On the Newcastle uni website it says:

"There are no prerequisite courses but it is assumed that students will have studied Mathematics (Band 5) or HSC Mathematics Extension 1 (Band E1 or above) or equivalent. Study of one science-related subject would also be an advantage."
Yet in the UAC book it says:

Assumed Knoledge: Mathematics (Band 5 or above) or equivelent. Study of one science related subjects would also be an advantage (Physics prefferred).

Reccommended studies: HSC Extension 1 mathematics or higher.

Now what im wondering is, the newcastle uni website says I have to get band 5 in mathematics OR study extension 1 and get better than band E1 (which is the lowest mark I can get)

But yet in the UAC it says I have to get band 5 in mathematics, and it helps if i study extension.

Im really confused with this, im guessing i should go with the website, since it would be the most up to date.

Oh and also, for the HSC im doing Ext 1 Maths, Advanced english, Physics, Software Development and Tech Drawing.

HSC
what are you asking?

they are going to assume that you are decent at maths, so if you're not up to scratch that's up to you to catch up before you start uni. the maths at uni goes beyond 4u level but its doable if you're decent at math and you are willing to put some work into it

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
you are fine dont worry. and dont rely on the website being current ;)

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
I got so maggot clive on monday, almost as bad as last year. I came back and demanded a trip to maccas and then passed out. lol

I stole Nic Saunders nametag and was going around yelling at people "you're expelled" to people and "you're fired" to other RAs

clive

evilc
HSC
N/A
mrbassman said:
I got so maggot clive on monday, almost as bad as last year. I came back and demanded a trip to maccas and then passed out. lol

I stole Nic Saunders nametag and was going around yelling at people "you're expelled" to people and "you're fired" to other RAs
excellent :rofl: my night was pretty average... one beer, three cokes, some prawns/fish/rocky road then back to the final year project :mad1:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)