2 questions (1 Viewer)

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
1. Special consideration -- I have been told my circumstances have been noted for further assessment. What does this mean!!? I requested to re-sit, but are they wanting more evidence or are they going to see how shit i did in the other exam (there were 2 final exams, one i applied for the other i didnt)? Its stressing me out.

2. Blackboard and viewing grades -- for one of my courses there is no 'course tools' link to allow me to view 'my grades'. My co-ordinator does not seem to realise this so i sent her a friendly email. She replies 'there is no problem at my end so write to the blackboard team'. So helpful. There does not appear to be any tech support email, and the faq tells me to talk to my instructor (hah right), or tech support of the school, all of whom appear to be on holidays.

Am i missing something here? Any help is greatly appreciated. I dont spose it matters overly but i would still like to know my marks for the individual assessments.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
1. Not sure what they mean by "noted for further assessment", but as far as special consideration progress, I also applied for an alternate exam sitting for one subject, and have yet to receive any feedback other than what you have received, so dont stress.

To my knowledge, the alternate exam dates have not been released yet. Last semester after the drama of the floods, they didnt schedule the alternate exams until the start of Sem2. So just need to wait and see with that one.

2. Not all courses have the "grade book" tool in blackboard. So maybe thats why you cant find it. Bit of an inconvenience not knowing your grades, but the courses that dont have grade book for me, the course co-ordinator's have posted excel spreadsheets of the progressive assessment marks.

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
blue_chameleon said:
2. Not all courses have the "grade book" tool in blackboard. So maybe thats why you cant find it. Bit of an inconvenience not knowing your grades, but the courses that dont have grade book for me, the course co-ordinator's have posted excel spreadsheets of the progressive assessment marks.
Thanks for that. Our co-ordinator finally realised it was her problem after telling us numerous times our grades were available and visible. We now have gradebook woot.

The_highwayman said:
hay lourai! how was prac/whatever-you-NUDIs-call-it
Hii!! It was awesome, seems like so long ago now though! So glad the year is over, just too much stress.
How was your year... youve only got one more to go huh? You didn't do molecular science this sem did you? Most hideous subject ever.

Last edited:

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
The_highwayman said:
nah, i have 2 years to go because i started the degree mid-year. this means that the heaps restrictive timetable only allows me to do 30 units/semester.

I didnt do molecular science. only one second year course - "bioinformatics". Not much fun.
hmm well that kinda sucks. I get to do first year stat next year woot how exciting.

blue_chameleon.. have you heard anything about the rescheduled exams yet? The other day my application was still visible in 'special circumstances' as pending. Now there is nothing pertaining to me there at all. And no emails. Im freaking out they are just going to give me no notice at all.

I hate the uni right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)