Combined Law Degree Cut-Off (1 Viewer)

vertigo9

HSC
N/A
Hey all, just got my UAI of 87.25 today and have realised that even with the bonus 4 points for attending my local university, I fall short of last year's cut-off for a Combined Law Degree by .20. Just wondering if you have any idea of whether the UAI cut-off could be expected to rise or decline for 2008. Failing that, does anyone happen to know the cut-offs for the previous few years? Thanks guys

darkliight

I ponder, weak and weary
HSC
N/A
I wouldn't say .20 is WAY off, but ..

2007: 91.45
2006: 93.80
2005: 92.90
2004: 92.15
2003: 93.10
2002: Can't find it.
2001: 92.00
2000: 93.20

It looks like 2007 was a sweet year. It might go down again though ...

mims

HSC
well dont listen to jumb for a start hes always making stupid unhelpful comments!
but if the person who posted before me's numbers are correct seems like the cut off is likely to go down again this year as they tend to go up for a few years and then down 4 a few & .2 isnt really very much so id say fingers crossed your chances r pretty good. plus they hand out heaps of offers in the late round so dont lose hope if u dont get 1 in the main round.
anyway good luck for 17th January! :) im right on the cusp as well... so nervous!

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
mims said:
well dont listen to jumb for a start hes always making stupid unhelpful comments!

The truth does sometimes hurt.

mims said:
they tend to go up for a few years and then down 4 a few.
Just because you say so doesn't make it true.

plus they hand out heaps of offers in the late round so dont lose hope if u dont get 1 in the main round.
There were no vacancies last year after the main round...no need to feed false hope. There's a chance with Newcastle as we have no idea which way it is going to head but that means theres also a chance that it won't swing his /her way.

Last edited:

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
mims said:
but if the person who posted before me's numbers are correct seems like the cut off is likely to go down again this year as they tend to go up for a few years and then down 4 a few & .2 isnt really very much so id say fingers crossed your chances r pretty good. plus they hand out heaps of offers in the late round so dont lose hope if u dont get 1 in the main round.
anyway good luck for 17th January! :) im right on the cusp as well... so nervous!
There was talk a little while ago about scrapping the 4 bonus points, I thought they had finally done that. Also, when I enrolled combined degrees were ineligeable for the 4 points but that doesn't seem the case anymore. That said, I still think that he should have a hard look at your second preference.

Also, if you keep talking down my advice, if I meet you next year I will backhand you.

vertigo9

HSC
N/A
Thanks heeps for the help everyone - i understand that it could go either way. Now I just have to wait for the 17th January. Cheers

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
jumb is right - you dont get the bonus for combined degrees

vickystar

sanity = questionable
HSC
hey guys,
a bit late but i go into law this year barely with my 4 points,
and i heard a rumour they even gave out the 4 points for medicine,
i think they only do it to inflate their UAIs though...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)