Physiotherapy (1 Viewer)

*tara90*

HSC
hey i was thinking of applying for physio, but i didn't do chem or physics, just bio. can someone tell me whether this would matter... i know they're not pre-requesites but they are recommended. so how much of those subjects are actually part of the course??? my other option is speech pathology.

Che08

HSC
Physiotherapy does include some physics knowledge, but the kind of knowledge you need is fairly simple ie. centre of gravity.. etc.

-btw just so you know i havnt studied the course but ihave done sports/remedial massage and know a lot of people who have gone on for physio.

blueberryeeeeek

HSC
N/A
Che08 said:
Physiotherapy does include some physics knowledge, but the kind of knowledge you need is fairly simple ie. centre of gravity.. etc.

-btw just so you know i havnt studied the course but ihave done sports/remedial massage and know a lot of people who have gone on for physio.
Incorrect. The course will require you to undertake in-depth study in the biomedical sciences.

Make no mistake, HUBS1403 and HUBS1404, are challenging courses. The failure rate is substantial in both.

mattloo

HSC
anybody want to tell me what enterscore you need approximately because i have no idea i have heard above 97 and i have hear above 90 what are the facts

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Agh, this thread has been edited too! For some reason James' post remained but I remember replying to it as well. And I think Matt wrote more too, I dunno. Seriously though, did they like scour EVERY thread in here or something, geez.

In regards to the thread (ha, now you can't delete this), I don't have first-hand experience and I'm pretty sure no one else in the Newie forum does either, but when I was in first year I knew a girl doing it and her timetable was CHOCKAS. I think she had pretty full days every day and not many breaks. That's all I know. Someone else might know a bit about a few courses you might do but not about the degree in general, sorrrrrrry.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
biomed kids do about half the same courses with physio for the first two years.
so you do study a bit to do with disease, the affects of exercise etc. It's pretty much a basic introduction to the types of conditions you might come across during ur clinical practice.

i also know that you have to do placement over the semesters (definitely in second year but i'm pretty sure it's first year too)
plus you'll have to love anatomy and poking around at cadavers because u'll do a lot of it.

~untitled~

HSC
I couldnt stand HUBS1403 it was so shit, and dont even get me started with Karen Mate, helllllo monotone drooooone.

But, onto the topic at hand, do speech pathology, its pretty awesome. We only have to do 3 HUBS courses too, which means it doesent matter that youve only done bio.

The_highwayman said:
plus you'll have to love anatomy and poking around at cadavers because u'll do a lot of it.
We dont actually have to poke do we. Cant we just like watch? Dreading next semester.

HSC
it's probablybetter if u poke around but I pretty much just watched when I did musculoskeletal.
I think speech path mostly do head and neck anatomy dont they? The faces are the worst.

I also found the smell of the chemicals to be pretty nauseating. I recommend taking some vicks vaporub and spreading if just below ur nose or on ur wrist so u can smell something other than the chemicals from time to time.
eucalyptus oil works well too but can sometimes get a little strong.

HSC
lourai*87 said:
we never got to look at dead people

not that i really want to... but adding variety to the N&D course would not go astray :|
I can't see any reason why u'd need to though.
I mean, if they're dead some restructured diet isn't going to help.
also society doesn't really deem them to be acceptable ingredients.

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
You are perfectly correct.. no reason at all. We did seem to do a number of other not-so-necessary things though. Meh. It will be over soon.

And also, we would not recommend human-human consumption whatsoever.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Yes now lift those legs! 1 and down, 2 and down, other leg! 1 and down, 2 and down! LETS GO GUYS :D

Quit it Matt, don't encourage me. You'll get my post deleted :(

Um......I have never been to a physiotherapist. What do they do.............? Please..*cough*

HSC
oh, u just reminded me.
wongy replied to my letter and said that she'd prefer if we kept the general discussion in a single thread. She also said that if we wanted a new spam thread all I had to do was give her the link and she'd sticky it for us.
I just totally forgot, what with exams and all that.

My uncle is a physio. He's pretty bad at it tbh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)