B Visual Communication (1 Viewer)

jirwin

HSC
Hey, I am hoping to get into B Visual Communications in 2008 and I just have a few (a lot) of questions that I would like current students to answer. Knowing my luck there wont be any vis comm students on this forum but some of u may have friends that do it. Any information would be appreciated

- What are the lectures like? Are they put on the Internet or would a voice recorder be useful – also should I use individual books for each subject or would a subject book be suffice (would type notes up later so I don’t think it would really matter)
- How useful are laptops in this course?
- What are the assessments like? What type of work have u had to do so far?
- Do I need special stationary, like a3 display folders, art books and such (apart from pens and a notebook I mean)
- Do I need to purchase many text books?
- Are u taught stuff from the beginning – like not thrown in the deep end using programs u’ve never used or have very limited knowledge of?

I cant think of any more at the moment but if u have anything u can think of that I might not have ask, please provide it. I want as much info about this course as I can possibly get.

Thanks in advance.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I'm 99% sure noone on here does it, but I can help with a couple of the generic questions.

I don't have a laptop, but I find them to be pretty overrated. The university computers contain all the software you will need and you will be taught how to use them in courses, or atleast be redirected to tutorials on how to use it. If you still have trouble, academics will be more than happy to help you out.

In terms of making notes, pen and paper is better imo.

As for text books, some of them will be in the course outlines, but you can also find out a lot of them from this website: link. You should purchase the text books as the extra reading is very helpful, however there will probably be some a few courses which you understand fine, so buying textbooks will be a bit overkill.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)