EDUC 1003 and EDUC 1005 (1 Viewer)

cool_bananas25

HSC
Hi all
after 2.5 shitty years in an arts/law degree at newcastle hating almost every moment of it, this year I am changing to teaching. (No i don't want to hear your criticism about how much less i will earn, how i can do anything with a law degree- as people telling me this stuff is why it has taken so long for me to actually pursue what i want to do)

Looks like i will be missing the first few weeks of uni tho due to my dad going into hospital and so I am looking for a copy of previous years course notes for EDUC1003 and EDUC1005 so i can get prepared now.
Anyone's help would be greatly appreciated. In return, anyone entering first year or second year law courses- i may be able to help you out with some old notes etc.

hayley.

Never ever go into a course just because you got the marks. No passion for it= a sad, angry existence often resulting in a loss of who you really are.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
The smart move would be to talk to the lecturers and course coordinators about your circumstances. They will be more than happy to assist you and will be willing to give you supplemental notes/material.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
I'd upload the lectures but it won't let me do ppt files

there are course readers that come out at the bookshop in the first week so just buy those and read the first 2 weeks readings, that'll do, the first lecture in both courses is meaningless anyway, just read the course outlines and they'll tell you the same thing as the week 1 lecture does.

for 1003 they upload the compulsory readings to blackboard, i've attached the first 2 weeks of readings for 2007, and the 2nd one is pretty much a summary of the whole course according to the course tutor who wrote the article

if it's the same this year you'll need to summarise the compulsory reading each week, and most likely they'll do different readings this year but those 2 articles give you a pretty good idea what you need to know :D

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
i missed the first two weeks.
got a D in one and HD in the other.
Catch up on the work and you'll be fine.

EDIT: we did both of those in the first few weeks when i did it captain Gh3y.
i think 1003 only varied slightly last year (07) to what it did in 06.

Last edited:

Jazz1989

HSC
Im doing both those courses and although being a first year I'm willing to help as much as I can. Just message me the details of what you want etc. let me know either way.

Cheers, Jazz.

thirsty

HSC
you didn't miss much in either lecture. As someone who isn't a a completely new first year student you would have been bored just like me. They did the usual first year stuff like how to use blackboard etc. Speaking of blackboard most of the stuff is up there so just hit that up, do the readings and you will be fine. I would probably get in contact with your tutor for educ1005 because we are being split into groups for our peer teaching exercises so you might want to make sure you know whats happening there. Just email them and you should be fine. If theres anything else u need help with just ask me and I'll see what i can do:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)