Tute Enquiry (1 Viewer)

jirwin

HSC
Do we have to register/enrol or anything in our semester two subjects now or is it only semester 1 that we have to worry out.

my faculty told me i needed to know my subjects for semester one and two during o-week because they want to make sure we have chosen the right things cos there was a problem or something last yr...

i just wanted to know whether we have to do the semester 2 stuff now or half way through the year.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
You can enrol in both semesters subjects now, but tutorial registration is only for Sem 1 (opens on 29th Jan).

They would have advised that you enrol for both semesters now, so that its easier to plan.

jirwin

HSC
is it mandatory to enrol in semester 2 now?

im so confused about subjects and stuff. im doing vis comm design. i have 6 core subjects at the 1000 level. i have to do 4 of them in semester 1 which im fine with and i have to do the other 2 in semester 2 along with 2 "electives". what i dont understand is does that mean subjects from my major (Graphics) or my 20 units of electives....

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
No, its not mandatory to enrol in Sem 2 subjects now.

The 2 other subjects you need to choose to fill your semester 2 can be chosen from any of the 20 elective subjects within your program (they dont need to relate to your major).

For example, im doing a B.Comm (Acc/Finance Majors) and im doing a Japanese language subject as an elective. So its purely up to you. :)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
You're better off enrolling now for semester 2. If you pick a wrong subject, you can easily change it before the census date in second semester with no penalty (some time in august off the top of my head).

There's no real benefit, but it's just good to get it out of the way.

jirwin

HSC
i might enrol in the subjects that i know i have to and then get help in o-week for the other 2 subjects. i was just worried that i would miss out on it if i waited till o-week. i know exactly what i need for semester 1 so thats not a problem.

thanks for your help!

darkliight

I ponder, weak and weary
HSC
N/A
You won't miss out on a class. If you enrol anytime before the census date (a couple of weeks into semester 2) it's yours. They won't open tutes for your second semester stuff until second semester begins (or just before), so you have plenty of time to sort out second semester stuff.

You can always change stuff before the census date too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)