How Nuts is Newc. UNi WOO HOO (1 Viewer)

Excalibur

I was just wondering if there is a uni student out there cruzin this forum who can tell me the insider goss on the maddest uni ever (NEWC)

JuST a FEW Q's

How hard is it to recieve an elec eng/sci scholarship??? Iam doin phy chem adv. eng 4u mths and bio but i just don't know if i will get the UAI required.

Is there usually good surf in Newc. or is it more seasonal???

and lastly

Is it heaps crazy living on campus?? like do you meet mainly good ppl and only a few (i dunno i if i can say this but well...) cockheads or is it mostly cockheads???

Anyway i am stoked to be goin to U NEWC i've been there and it seems heaps good. plus i love the idea of gettin 4 meals a week coz then i figure i can do crazy stuff on wkends. Anyway a reply wud be much appreciated thanks.

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
hey there Excalibur...first of all, I'm an engineering(civil combined with surveying) student who lives on campus and has a scholarship...so i guess i can answer most of your questions. Firstly, living on campus is AWESOME, many good people around..some cockheads as always...but generally good people. Make sure you APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIPS BEFORE ITS TOO LATE..i made that mistake last year..and only got a scholarship this year....I only got a UAI of 93.75, and judging by the subjects you are doing..you should get much better than that so you would have a decent chance of getting a scholarship.
Lastly...im not a surfer, but i think the surf is decent all year round, judging by the amount of surfers you see out.

Excalibur

Thanks dude that was very helpful and inspiring

p.s. I'm not a surfer either...........coz theres no surf where i'm from :p but i'll be a surfer yet.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
newcastle has awesome beaches, and the surf is pretty good year round. we get the odd shit day, but so does everywhere else.

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
good luck with your exams all prospective Newcastle students!:)

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
yeah...i hope to see you all next year...Newcastle is a brilliant uni...good luck with the study again...cya later kids..:)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by Excalibur
As hipsta_jess said earlier, Newcastle does get some good surf but winter usually has the better surf (same case all along the eastern seaboard). The best beaches are Newcastle, Merewhether and Bar Beach:).

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Excalibur
I was just wondering if there is a uni student out there cruzin this forum who can tell me the insider goss on the maddest uni ever (NEWC)

JuST a FEW Q's

How hard is it to recieve an elec eng/sci scholarship??? Iam doin phy chem adv. eng 4u mths and bio but i just don't know if i will get the UAI required.

and lastly

Is it heaps crazy living on campus?? like do you meet mainly good ppl and only a few (i dunno i if i can say this but well...) cockheads or is it mostly cockheads???

Anyway i am stoked to be goin to U NEWC i've been there and it seems heaps good. plus i love the idea of gettin 4 meals a week coz then i figure i can do crazy stuff on wkends. Anyway a reply wud be much appreciated thanks.
oh dear, theres more newcastle uni people
surf is good, but if you're only learning you best stick to a beach called nobbys
theres heaps of surf schools and shit around, i suggest you check one of those out first instead of jumping straight into the water and having me run into you
living on campus - i only know one bloke who does, he enjoys it but says the food is average and the girls are only marginally better

and never, ever, by any $2 specials from the cafeteria

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
the food is C+ but the girls are at least B+ material..most are better

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
yeah they're called jabbers, in their cars
you do a lap, round nobbies and up past newy beach, then back again
nobbys kiosk has the best thickshakes and chicken salad sandwiches ever, my mate has an account there and we always get heaps
and transferring, im not sure
www.newcastle.edu.au

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)