UAI points (1 Viewer)

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone knew, does newcastle uni still offer 4 extra UAI points to those living in the area?? Because our school was told that at the beginning of the year by the career advisor, but since then I heard the uni no longer does that...can anyone clear that up for me?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
they freaking better. i havent heard anything that would suggest otherwise..and besides, they prob wouldnt stop in the middle of the yr, like if they wanted to stop it they would prob make our yr the last yr or something (fingers crossed)

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
I am pretty sure that they still do....but with some restrictions on degrees eg. none with law or combined degrees i think

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by natstar
does that count for non recent school leavers that have deferred
if you got in, then deferred, it would have counted when you first applied (i think)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Lexicographer
What counts as "the area".

Does Western Sydney? :D
no! but you may get points dedicated to UWS..
but as natstar said, its basically only the areas that newcastle is the closest uni (simple explanation neway)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
:p I'm a typical Fortian, looking only at the Med schools and those Sandstone institutions. Not that I have anything against other universities of course, I'm a staunch supporter of UWS et al.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
My dad was talking to a guy he knows and he was told that Newcastle University is not offering the four bonus U.A.I. points anymore and I was really relying on those:(.

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
If the Uni still offers four bonus points, is it offered to a Bachelor of Science/Combined degree? Someone told me that it is not offered for Medicine or Law, but I have my doubts about combined degrees.

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
I dont think that the offer would be avaliable for combined degrees. I think the cutoffs for virtually all combined degrees at newcastle are 90.00

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
hey honky tonk, didnt you get 93.6... wouldn't that get you into just about all newcastle combined degrees?

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Originally posted by evilc
hey honky tonk, didnt you get 93.6... wouldn't that get you into just about all newcastle combined degrees?
Yeah, I'd really love to do a combined Law/Science degree (93.10 this year), but if not - I'm hoping to do a combined Science/Arts degree (90.00).

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
I just got confirmation that Newcastle University is still offering four bonus UAI points. Sorry for the confusion everyone:).

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
But the course I want to do is a double degree and the cutoff last year was 77.55 B teaching/B early childhood studies.

So the 4 points definitley will not count for me?

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
hmm...that may be different, you should defenitely ask about it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)