Fannys is for tryhards (1 Viewer)

HSC
I'd know coz I was there.

My mate hooked up with this fat chick and I'm like 'no dude' and he gives me a weird stare then my other mate pulls me aside and told me it was okay cause 'it was part of the experience'

end rant,

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Haha gross. Fannys isn't for tryhards. Fannys is for sluts and rapists.
I went once because my friends made me and it was pretty shit. Way too many people too. And all the bartenders look like fags.

HSC
The_highwayman said:
i've never been, but i've heard the stories about sluts and greasy guys.
Oh and chairman there were two extension teachers. I had mrs rath, but I hear mrs hancock's pretty good, but not as cool as mrs rath.

Mrs Rath has a Horatio Hornblower jacket. I'd marry mrs rath if she were a few years younger...

But they like change fuck in extension teachers every so often.

And they fucked up my rankings for english in the HSC assessment and I'm like call the school they say its a clerical error and I'm like 'FUCKING BUCKPASSING MOTHERFUCKERS'

lol...

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I love the atmosphere of the place, before 12. The drinks are expensive and they always give you the small amount of change on those plates, as if you're expected to give a tip. The plates are flat and smooth, so it's hard to pick coins up off.

After 12, it gets swarmed with lebbos.

HSC
em_516 said:
Haha gross. Fannys isn't for tryhards. Fannys is for sluts and rapists.
I went once because my friends made me and it was pretty shit. Way too many people too. And all the bartenders look like fags.
The bartenders could possibly be the most skankiest girls I've ever seen in my life.

OH and my mate was waiting for a train and this dude is chatting to these other dudes and he's like 'have you met alisha?' and the other dudes like 'yeah I'm with her sister now' and I'm thinking this is okay...

But then he goes 'she's black african...how much did you pay?' bloke responds '350' and I'm like NOT COOL

we saw that dude again at fannies! :O

HSC
jumb said:
I love the atmosphere of the place, before 12. The drinks are expensive and they always give you the small amount of change on those plates, as if you're expected to give a tip. The plates are flat and smooth, so it's hard to pick coins up off.

After 12, it gets swarmed with lebbos.
There was a time period when it WASN'T swarming with lebbos?

Lebbos are cool IMO. Drunk white guys trying to pick up and sausaging up sections of the dancefloor? not cool.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
I actually meant the male bartenders haha.
Somebody told me a reason for those plates once (not particularly at Fannys, but in general)..but I must've been drunk at the time coz I can't remember the reason. Like a liability thing? Nah I really don't remember. But I'd say it is also a way to make it difficult to collect your change/easy to leave a tip.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
cannibal.horse said:
Oh and chairman there were two extension teachers. I had mrs rath, but I hear mrs hancock's pretty good, but not as cool as mrs rath.

Mrs Rath has a Horatio Hornblower jacket. I'd marry mrs rath if she were a few years younger...

But they like change fuck in extension teachers every so often.

And they fucked up my rankings for english in the HSC assessment and I'm like call the school they say its a clerical error and I'm like 'FUCKING BUCKPASSING MOTHERFUCKERS'

lol...
when i did ext1 i had hancock. she was tops. the other class did crime fiction with sacco lol.

HSC
The_highwayman said:
when i did ext1 i had hancock. she was tops. the other class did crime fiction with sacco lol.
did you do gendered? I topped the course but it was pretty shit, I feel intellectually violated.

wish we did crime fiction :(

HSC
i did ext yeah.

crime fiction was gay. gendered language was hella easy and u'll keep analysing everything for years.

but yeah, we did gothic genre in yr 11 and i got top because of that. Frankenstein and sleepy hollow were great. I got, like, 3rd or something in yr 12 but still got an E4 so that was cool

HSC
em_516 said:
I actually meant the male bartenders haha.
Somebody told me a reason for those plates once (not particularly at Fannys, but in general)..but I must've been drunk at the time coz I can't remember the reason. Like a liability thing? Nah I really don't remember. But I'd say it is also a way to make it difficult to collect your change/easy to leave a tip.
Fuck the plates emms, fuck'em dead.

Like that motley crue song, but deader.

HSC
The_highwayman said:
i did ext yeah.

crime fiction was gay. gendered language was hella easy and u'll keep analysing everything for years.

but yeah, we did gothic genre in yr 11 and i got top because of that. Frankenstein and sleepy hollow were great. I got, like, 3rd or something in yr 12 but still got an E4 so that was cool
dude 3rd is awesome at our school of like a billion people.

I know what you mean by analysising shit, I dont think I'll ever enjoy two people talking on a film again :p

I think crime fiction is the better module if you do extension II though because I think as a genre its easier to write. Markers have no idea what they are actually looking for in gendered language. I got a head extension marker to look at mine and she's pointing out all this shit in my story which is barely in the module. Crime fictions more straight forward.

Plus you can bring those mad goth elements in from yr 11 cause the genres cross over (eg hound of the baskervilles)

hey dude are you doing a postgrad in pharm after biomed? just curious, that seems to be the mad thing to do with the biomed course though...

HSC
i think ur right about crime fiction being more straightforward, but where's the fun in that?

You cant right a gendered language story without using tonnes of dialogue and carefully considering the motivation of each and every character. i think that'd be really helpful in extII.
I know heaps of people complain about english and how they can't stop analysing films and stuff, but i really enjoy the fact that i pick up on so many things that i wouldnt have before. Like the burnt coin in The Dark Knight being a symbol of good and evil and a metaphor for two-face himself. I can see so much more depth is things now.

idk.

and yeah. probably will do pharmacy. god knows it's pretty much the only thing u can get from this degree other than heading into research or using it as a waiting room for medicine.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Ha yes. Despite being at uni meow, I have lost that much general knowledge now it's ridiculous. I'm beginning to lose my grips on apostrophe usage :( NOOOO :p

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I get all my general knowledge from the bottom of bottle caps. Those things are smart.

HSC
The_highwayman said:
i think ur right about crime fiction being more straightforward, but where's the fun in that?

You cant right a gendered language story without using tonnes of dialogue and carefully considering the motivation of each and every character. i think that'd be really helpful in extII.

I know heaps of people complain about english and how they can't stop analysing films and stuff, but i really enjoy the fact that i pick up on so many things that i wouldnt have before. Like the burnt coin in The Dark Knight being a symbol of good and evil and a metaphor for two-face himself. I can see so much more depth is things now.

idk.

and yeah. probably will do pharmacy. god knows it's pretty much the only thing u can get from this degree other than heading into research or using it as a waiting room for medicine.

Hey man sorry I left - had a christmas party. Ended up falling asleep with a mad hangover :p

Gendered language stories lent themselves to insanely large amounts of dialogue but as you say, if you're clever you can find ways around that.

I think the problem with gendered language as a module is that its conventions arn't easy to pick up on unless you have your head around linguistics. My mother's friend marks ext.1 and I showed her my story. She liked it, but she was picking up on things which had very little to do with the module. Like in my story I had a few stereotypical characters with hints of untapped emotional depth to suggest the limits which a closed use of language can create. She kept trying to push me to draw them out and make them louder, but in doing so it basically would undermine the entire story, whereas Mrs Hancock and Mrs Rath really picked up on it. Gendered language students really go in with a disadvantage.

I really regret having not done ext.II. When I was younger I always wanted to do it but mum pushed me away from it, telling me that the competition was too intense. But currently one girl at our school is going it and they're expecting good results from her and I'll tell you what she's fucking terrible! the most clique metaphors you've ever heard. I'll be able to keep writing when I do english next year though.

Lol, if you like analysising movies come to my house (two english teachers :p). It is a little frustrating in that it destroys really shit movies. I have a friend who likes to see sap stories or really basic plots, but once you get the techniques (an old man and a young girl fighting over a car radio station) you want to vomit. And the Dark Knight was one of the most shittest explorations of how 'America should combat terrorism' I've ever seen :p

Its crazy you're doing pharmacy with such an english background (then again you had harold and buffdog), I imagine you'll make a bit from it though.

HSC
@ jumb: i get mine from BOS.
and national geographic

EDIT: The thing hancock used to always tell us is that the module is Gendered LANUAGE and not gender studies so we had to make sure we were always conveying differences through the way they spoke, what they said etc. it was a pain in the bum and didnt add depth to the story, but ultimately it got me marks and i guess that's fine.

I feel the same way about visual art. got top of the grade in yrs 9 and 10 but dropped it after that because i thought i couldnt compete. mum and dad were like "where's visual art gunna get you?" and i trusted their opinion. To be honest, i probably wasnt the most skilled artist, but i had only done really short-term projects at st peters so i dont think i really could be expected to be fantastic (still good enough apparently). I think i was pretty good at imagining and conceptualising things but less competent at bringing them to fruition. But where i was strong at art was my understanding of art theory and being able to write about it. i could whip up an art essay easy as pie.
But i did chemistry, biology, geography and maths and really only harboured my creative side in ext english in yrs 11 and 12.
NOW i wish i could go back and not choose subjects that were just good for a UAI but ones i actually enjoyed. That's why i'm doing biomed now, because i feel as if i'm too far behind people my own age to be able to enter a more creative degree. But ultimately, i want money to build a fantastic, minimalist house.
Just a clearing of immaculate green lawns surrounded by oaks, maples and pines, from which clean, white lines arise - its broad windows glittering with the reflections of it's own environment.
and pharmacy pays $$$ so that's why i'm going there.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)