2009 official "funny quirks of my day" thread (1 Viewer)

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Chatter it up kiddies to add to the growing number of 2009 threads.
Share a strange quirk of your day for lulz.

For example, tonight a friend told me she heard "lesbian noises" coming from the room next door last night.

Begin.

Last edited:

~untitled~

HSC
haha, awesome.

I nearly got hit by 2 cars when i decided to run accross a stream of oncoming traffic :p but i think thats more stupidity than quirckyness.

chamelia

HSC
The hairdressers was really busy today. So the hairdresser asked one of the clients to get up and sweep after herself...

Then only spent ( I counted) 2 minutes cutting my hair..with no one waiting with an appointment behind me.

More suprisingly rude than a quirk.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Ha, I was in love with my now not-so-new haircut and then couldn't get another booking later so went elsewhere and I asked for her to trim exactly my current hair style and she spent a whole 5 minutes on it and butchered it. Never again :(

chamelia

HSC
We all learn the hard way...I currently look like a twelve year old school girl. It's not at all charming in any way whatsoever. Thank god I only paid half price for the cut because it was my first time there.

Never again!

chamelia

HSC
OH! Another of todays quirks.

I was copying and pasting some words into google. AND then I was like "Oh!, Cut Copy!". Cos I am seeing them tomorrow at BDO. So. Yes. Made me smile.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
I suggest Beaumont on Beaumont.

I have no funny quirks of the day. :(

EDIT: Oh wait. I typed in the google search bar "trip planner" for the bus times home from work, and it came up with some really oddball notice that basically stated that my search had been reported to the US government.

Then I realised it's from the American google site, thus totally logical for them.

Last edited:

em_516

bludging..
HSC
It's ok, I didn't really have one today either :) But I generally do, so I'm sure we can fill this thread one way or another!

chamelia said:
We all learn the hard way...I currently look like a twelve year old school girl. It's not at all charming in any way whatsoever. Thank god I only paid half price for the cut because it was my first time there.

Never again!
I had another a while later, to fix it but I just look like I still haven't had a hair cut. How does that work?!

blue_chameleon

HSC
Can we define what a "quirk" is though?

I was pretty much taking a stab by posting my ramble and hoping it would fit.

EDIT: I know google is my fren, but i'm lazy now.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Just silly things that you mused about during your day? Mine are usually random things I see down at the shops that make me lol or smile. But it's pretty open to interpretation really. Aim for lulz but have a vent if you wish.

Edit:
blue_chameleon said:
EDIT: Oh wait. I typed in the google search bar "trip planner" for the bus times home from work, and it came up with some really oddball notice that basically stated that my search had been reported to the US government.

Then I realised it's from the American google site, thus totally logical for them.
What the shit?

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
chiming in, i got a crappy haircut yesterday too. she cut it like straight across. so it looks retarded.

blue_chameleon

HSC
chiming in, i got a crappy haircut yesterday too. she cut it like straight across. so it looks retarded.
Get outta the thread, imposter.

You confused me there for a moment, when I saw ANU mentioned. Damned same avatar!

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
Was driving down the highway and some weirdo just jumps out of the bushes in front of my car, nearly hit him.

I went to mcdonalds breakfast an hour ago....mmmmmm.

sirfeathers

HSC
um...this wasn't today, it was a couple of days ago but oh well:

i was walking to the moonlight cinema in centennial park in my thongs when my the thong on my right foot breaks, strap snapped and irreparable. i was pretty close to the venue so i walked the rest of the way barefoot, there was all this glass and stuff on the footpath so it was pretty dangerous.

once the movie's finished, we walk out onto the street and there's an abandoned right thong lying in the gutter, like providence had laid it there for me!! (tho I was borrowing my friend's shoes so i didn't take it)

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Hagaren said:
Was driving down the highway and some weirdo just jumps out of the bushes in front of my car, nearly hit him.
I wonder if you nearly ran into Sandie :p

Hagaren said:
I went to mcdonalds breakfast an hour ago....mmmmmm.
They serve breakfast at 3am?! I would've thought they hold back till 6am at least :S

jumb

mr jumb
HSC

They serve breakfast at 3am?! I would've thought they hold back till 6am at least :S
I always wondered what time they switch over to breakfast at the 24 hours maccas. Or maybe he just a had a cheeseburger and chips for breakfast?

em_516

bludging..
HSC
True I suppose. But yeh I thought all the hotcakes and shit didn't start till 6, so they have just one change on the grills rather than cooking multiple different things.

Imagine eating hotcakes right after being wasted in town *barf*

EDIT: Here's todays for me..
Go Dicko

Last edited:

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC

they normally change over at 4am. But we now the guy who owns it here and his son was on so he did the change over for us half an hour early, Hashbrowns a bacon and sausage mcmuffin orange juice and a hot apple pie

And no hotcakes are never good to have after drinking... i almost never throw up and don't get hangovers. One morning i went to maccas after a night out got hotcakes and felt sick as a dog the whole day.

bheck7

Don't shoot the messenger
HSC
The quirk of my day: a bird keeps flying into my window. It then comes up close to the window and proceeds to peck said window.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)