Wireless Net (1 Viewer)

4unitfreak

HSC
I've searched the forums and can't find anything on this, so if there is something about it somewhere, sorry.

I have a laptop that runs on Linux and uses Firefox for the internet, and I got it so I could take it to uni and use it. The guys at the services desk in the Auchmuty library say I can't get wireless on it. Question: are they right? Is there any way I can do it? It's an eee PC.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Oh, sorry guys. :eek:

Yeah, i'm not 100% sure on this, but there may be problems faced with getting through the cisco authentication software. Basically, it's the door from your wireless internet connection and your browsers, and it pops up in the browser (only IE and Firefox) before it allows you to surf the net.

If you can get the cisco software installed (through USB), then I guess technically you shouldn't have a problem.

But the guys there are unlikely to load it onto a USB and install it for you because the university doesn't support anything other than Vista, XP and Mac operating systems. So, if we play around with things, and something goes wrong, then we are personally liable to be sued by students.

If you swing by to the AIC on Thursdays between 5 and 9pm, then i'll have a crack at it for you.

EDIT: My pagers broken, yes. Next tyme, just send me a PM or sumfing?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)